Alaskan Sablefish Nova Lox
4 oz pkgs, sliced, vacuum sealed
Cold-smoked slices of our premium wild Alaskan sablefish are delicious on bagels, crackers, or any way you'd serve salmon lox.
Vital Choice Guarantee: We'll replace your product or refund your money if you're not satisfied.
- Cold-smoked fillet slices
- Certified Kosher (OU)
- No nitrites or artificial additives/preservatives
- Sustainably harvested
Our cold-smoked sablefish lox is a rare treat that compliments any recipe calling for salmon lox.
It's perfect for hors d’oeuvres or on bagels, and rich with omega-3 nutrition.
About wild Alaskan sablefish
Wild Alaskan sablefish – also known as butterfish or black cod – is a superbly rich, silky delicacy.Because it lives in deep, cold waters, sablefish accumulates far more fat – and omega-3 fatty acids – than most other white fish, making it incredibly luscious.
In fact, it equals or exceeds wild salmon for fat and omega-3 content.
Learn this food's omega 3/6 balance, and why it matters.
Average Ratings: 5Write a Review
Read more reviews >
Wild Alaskan Sablefish, sea salt, brown sugar, natural wood smoke.
Keep frozen until ready to serve. Thaw overnight in refrigerator, or for faster readiness, place unopened package in cold water for 30 minutes or until the smoked fish is flexible.
Thaw under refrigeration at or below 38 degrees Fahrenheit (3 degrees Celsius). Before thawing, puncture or remove packaging.
For quick-thawing, place frozen package in cool water for approximately 20 to 30 minutes, just until contents are flexible. Once thawed, immediately cook or refrigerate (if refrigerating, puncture package). Prior to cooking, do not allow fish to reach temperatures above 38 degrees Fahrenheit (3 degrees Celsius).
Smoked sablefish is as safe as cooked fish, thanks to the natural, salt-mediated curing process and flash-freezing.
- Serve as you would smoked salmon, on a bialy, whole grain bagel, thin-sliced dark rye bread, or crisp rye cracker such as Wasa Bread. Spread the bagel, bread, or cracker with light cream cheese or avocado and top the salmon with thin tomato slices and/or capers and fresh basil leaves.
- Crumble chunks into scrambled eggs with chopped, quick-sautéed chives, scallions, or bell peppers.
Keep frozen until ready to serve. Thaw overnight in refrigerator, or for faster readiness, place unopened package in cold water for 30 minutes or until the fish is flexible.
and ship Monday through Wednesday (except holidays).
Frozen foods ship via 2nd Day Air service or 1-3 Day Express Ground service, depending on shipping date and destination.
Standard Shipping Fees
- Up to $49.99 = $4.95 shipping
- $50 - $98.99 = $9.95 shipping
- $99 and over = FREE shipping
- We cannot ship perishable goods to PO boxes.
- Free standard shipping applies to all orders of $99 or more sent to any U.S. street address.
- Perishable shipments to Alaska and Hawaii are subject to surcharges; please see our Shipping page.
- Orders placed Saturday, Sunday, Monday, or before 10 AM Tuesday will ship on Tuesday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
- Orders placed between 10 AM Tuesday and 10 AM Wednesday will ship on Wednesday* to arrive 1-2 days later.
- Orders placed after 10 AM on Wednesday through 12:00 midnight Friday will ship on Monday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
For more information, see our Shipping page.