Large Sockeye Fillets
30 oz avg, whole skin-on fillets | Product #FRF303
These big, succulent sockeye salmon sides are perfect for groups of hungry guests!
Due to demand, this product is temporarily out of stock. Sign up for our waitlist and be the first to know when it’s back!
Out of Stock
Vital Choice Guarantee: We'll replace your product or refund your money if you're not satisfied.
on orders over $99
Each species of wild salmon features its own characteristic flavor and texture, and has its admirers. But our most popular salmon features a deep, rich flavor that many Alaskans consider the "truest" salmon taste.
Easy to prepare and beautiful to serve, our wild 30-oz. sockeye fillets are a perfect centerpiece for family meals or sharing with friends.
- Boneless / skin-on
- Top-grade wild Alaskan Sockeye
- Sustainably harvested
- Certified Kosher (EarthK) Approved for Passover
- Ships frozen for 2-3 day delivery
Individual fillets will vary in size, but we guarantee the following total-order weights:
3 fillets - at least 5.6 lbs
6 fillets - at least 11.2 lbs
9 fillets - at least 16.8 lbs
Why is Vital Choice sockeye so clearly superior?
Salmon connoisseurs find that our sockeye easily beats the very best that supermarkets and specialty stores can offer.
The reasons are simple, but very hard for others to replicate.
First and foremost, the relationships we fostered during decades of fishing Alaskan waters give us rare access to the very finest of these fish.
And our sockeye comes from smaller harvest regions ("fisheries") that host fewer boats and feature faster processing ... so our sockeye is flash-frozen within hours of harvest to capture its fresh-caught quality.
These advantages explain why chefs and savvy salmon shoppers consider Vital Choice wild Alaskan sockeye such a rare catch!
What People Say
"Your Sockeye fillets are the best I have ever tasted. I am so impressed, no wonder Dr. Perricone recommends your salmon, it is the BEST." - Melody L., San Clemente, CA"I just wanted to let you know that the Sockeye salmon is out of this world, what a difference from the store brand!" - Dawn E.
Sockeye salmon: A true super food
Sockeye salmon abounds in healthful omega-3 fatty acids (DHA and EPA), and boasts more vitamin D than any other whole food.
In fact, its vitamin D levels are rivaled only by those found in albacore tuna and in other species of wild salmon, such as king and silver salmon.
Each 6-oz. serving provides 4 to 8 times more omega-3 DHA and EPA than the minimum daily intake advised by world health authorities, and up to double the U.S. RDA for vitamin D.
Last but not least, sockeye salmon gets its vibrant red hue from the highly healthful carotene-class antioxidant pigment called astaxanthin.
Wild Alaskan Sockeye salmon offers abundant omega-3s and unrivaled levels of vitamin D
Pure and wholesome
Wild Alaskan salmon is among the purest of all ocean fish, which is why the EPA, FDA, Alaska Division of Public Health, and consumer organizations recommend it without reservation.
Sockeye vs. King and Silver salmon
Wild Alaskan Sockeye is richer than our Silver (Coho) salmon and a bit leaner than our King (Chinook) salmon, with a firmer texture than either fish.
Learn this food's omega 3/6 balance, and why it matters.
Average Ratings: 5
Read more reviews >
Calcium 2% • Iron 4%
Keep frozen at or below 0° F (-18° C). Vacuum-sealed fish held under these conditions should retain its quality for at least six to 12 months. Shellfish and lean white fish (halibut, cod) generally have a longer freezer life than fatty fish (salmon, tuna, sablefish).
NOTE: Seafood stored in frost-free freezers should be used within 3 months.
Thaw under refrigeration at or below 38 degrees Fahrenheit (3 degrees Celsius). Before thawing, puncture or remove packaging.
For quick-thawing, place frozen package in cool water for approximately 20 to 30 minutes, just until contents are flexible. Once thawed, immediately cook or refrigerate (if refrigerating, puncture package). Prior to cooking, do not allow fish to reach temperatures above 38 degrees Fahrenheit (3 degrees Celsius).
Cooking and serving tips
- Rinse fish quickly in cold, clean water.
- Cook in a medium-hot lightly oiled pan, under a broiler, or on the grill for 7-8 minutes, until only the very center is still translucent.
- Remove fish from heat and let it “self-cook” another two to three minutes, until just cooked through to center before serving.
- NOTE: It is perfectly safe and healthful to serve our fish raw or partly cooked, because flash-freezing has rendered it 100% sushi-safe.
- Enliven your fish entree with seasonings such as Vital Choice Organic Salmon Marinade Mix or other herb-spice blends.
- Add the seasonings of your choice to a little olive oil and marinate the fish, refrigerated, for 30-60 minutes or overnight. Or, simply mist fish lightly with olive oil or macadamia nut oil and dust with seasonings before cooking.
and ship Monday through Wednesday (except holidays).
Frozen foods ship via 2nd Day Air service or 1-3 Day Express Ground service, depending on shipping date and destination.
Standard Shipping Fees
- Up to $49.99 = $6.95 shipping
- $50 - $98.99 = $12.95 shipping
- $99 and over = FREE shipping
- We cannot ship perishable goods to PO boxes.
- Free standard shipping applies to all orders of $99 or more sent to any U.S. street address.
- Perishable shipments to Alaska and Hawaii are subject to surcharges; please see our Shipping page.
- Orders placed Saturday, Sunday, Monday, or before 10 AM Tuesday will ship on Tuesday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
- Orders placed between 10 AM Tuesday and 10 AM Wednesday will ship on Wednesday* to arrive 1-2 days later.
- Orders placed after 10 AM on Wednesday through 12:00 midnight Friday will ship on Monday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
For more information, see our Shipping page.