Wild Ivory King Salmon
6 oz portions, skin-on/boneless |
Ivory King has been chosen as our SPOTLIGHT PRODUCT OF THE MONTH!
Ivory King is the richest, most luscious of all Pacific salmon species, unique for its striking ivory hue. To capture its fresh-caught quality, our ivory king salmon is line-harvested from small boats, immediately iced, and then flash-frozen within a few hours of leaving the water.
Vital Choice Guarantee: We'll replace your product or refund your money if you're not satisfied.
- Certified Kosher (EarthK) Approved for Passover
- Line-caught for superior quality
- Sustainably harvested
- Wild Pacific King Salmon
King Salmon is the richest, most luscious of all Pacific salmon species — and a very few of these fabulous fish feature a striking ivory hue.
Try it pan-seared or baked for a memorable dinner centerpiece ... click the Serving tab and Recipes tab for more tips and ideas!
King salmon nutrition
In addition to ample protein, King salmon provide three beneficial natural food factors in abundance per 6 oz portion, and will vary annually and by harvest location:
- Omega-3s — Provides six to 13 times more than the minimum daily EPA+DHA intake recommended by most world health authorities (250-500mg).
- Vitamin D3 – Provides one- to two-thirds of the child-to-adult US RDA (600 IU) ... more than almost all other fish, and far more than any fortified food.
- Astaxanthin — About 1.49 mg (regular red king only). This red-orange pigment is a carotenoid-class nutrient with unique health benefits. Astaxanthin content varies by color: Red King portions offer the most while Ivory King portions have the least.
Learn this food's omega 3/6 balance, and why it matters.
Average Ratings: 5Write a Review
Read more reviews >
Calcium 4% • Iron 2%
Keep frozen at or below 0° F (-18° C). Vacuum-sealed fish held under these conditions should retain its quality for at least six to 12 months. Shellfish and lean white fish (halibut, cod) generally have a longer freezer life than fatty fish (salmon, tuna, sablefish).
NOTE: Seafood stored in frost-free freezers should be used within 3 months.
Thaw under refrigeration at or below 38 degrees Fahrenheit (3 degrees Celsius). Before thawing, puncture or remove packaging.
For quick-thawing, place frozen package in cool water for approximately 20 to 30 minutes, just until contents are flexible. Once thawed, immediately cook or refrigerate (if refrigerating, puncture package). Prior to cooking, do not allow fish to reach temperatures above 38 degrees Fahrenheit (3 degrees Celsius).
Cooking and serving tips
- Rinse fish quickly in cold, clean water.
- Cook in a medium-hot lightly oiled pan, under a broiler, or on the grill for 7-8 minutes, until only the very center is still translucent.
- Remove fish from heat and let it “self-cook” another two to three minutes, until just cooked through to center before serving.
- NOTE: It is perfectly safe and healthful to serve our fish raw or partly cooked, because flash-freezing has rendered it 100% sushi-safe.
- Enliven your fish entree with seasonings such as Vital Choice Organic Salmon Marinade Mix or other herb-spice blends.
- Add the seasonings of your choice to a little olive oil and marinate the fish, refrigerated, for 30-60 minutes or overnight. Or, simply mist fish lightly with olive oil or macadamia nut oil and dust with seasonings before cooking.
and ship Monday through Wednesday (except holidays).
Frozen foods ship via 2nd Day Air service or 1-3 Day Express Ground service, depending on shipping date and destination.
Standard Shipping Fees
- Up to $49.99 = $4.95 shipping
- $50 - $98.99 = $9.95 shipping
- $99 and over = FREE shipping
- We cannot ship perishable goods to PO boxes.
- Free standard shipping applies to all orders of $99 or more sent to any U.S. street address.
- Perishable shipments to Alaska and Hawaii are subject to surcharges; please see our Shipping page.
- Orders placed Saturday, Sunday, Monday, or before 10 AM Tuesday will ship on Tuesday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
- Orders placed between 10 AM Tuesday and 10 AM Wednesday will ship on Wednesday* to arrive 1-2 days later.
- Orders placed after 10 AM on Wednesday through 12:00 midnight Friday will ship on Monday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
For more information, see our Shipping page.