Omega-3 Therapy + Vitamin D3
850mg softgels, high potency, 180 ct |
Vital Choice High-Potency Omega-3 Therapy + Vitamin D3 provides concentrated amounts of these broadly beneficial nutrients:
- Each two-softgel serving provides 1,010mg of omega-3 EPA+DHA ... just over the 1,000mg daily intake recommended* for heart patients by the American Heart Association.
- Each two-softgel serving provides 2,000 IU of vitamin D3 ... more than triple the U.S. RDA for children and adults (600 IU).
Vital Choice Guarantee: We'll replace your product or refund your money if you're not satisfied.
- Fish gelatin softgels
- Organic lemon oil added
- Easy-swallow 850mg size
- MSC-certified sustainable
- 2000 IU Vitamin D3 per serving
- 1,010mg EPA+DHA per serving
- 1,180mg total omega-3s per serving
- Molecularly distilled and concentrated
- Sourced from sustainable Alaskan pollock
- Natural, marine-triglyceride-form omega-3s
- No dairy, starch, wheat, yeast, sugar, or soy protein
- No artificial preservatives, additives, or colors
- Vitamin D3 endorsed by Prof. Michael Holick, M.D., Ph.D.
- Product of USA
Our vitamin D supplements are endorsed by Professor Michael Holick, M.D., Ph.D., the world-renowned vitamin D researcher based at Boston University.
Certified pure, with concentrated omega-3s
The oil in our Omega-3 + Vitamin D3 Therapy softgels comes from wild-caught pollock ... an extraordinarily pure fish from pristine Pacific Northwest waters.
And our oil undergoes a safe separation process called molecular distillation, to accomplish two goals:
- Concentrate the oil's omega-3s, so that just two softgels provide the amount recommended to most heart patients.
- Reduce contaminants to the levels deemed safe by the U.S. FDA and public health authorities worldwide (i.e., minuscule or non-detectable amounts).
To keep the oil fresh and healthful, we add natural, non-GMO mixed tocopherols (vitamin E complex) and natural astaxanthin.
Astaxanthin is the carotenoid-class orange pigment – and highly potent antioxidant – found in algae, shellfish, and wild salmon.
Omega-3 health benefits
According to the U.S. FDA, "Supportive but not conclusive research shows that consumption of EPA and DHA omega-3 fatty acids may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease."
The long-chain omega-3s (EPA and DHA) found only in seafood – and in supplemental fish and krill oils – are essential to human life and support optimal health in key organs, systems, and life stages.*
- Eye health
- Joint health
- Brain health
- Heart health
- Circulatory health
- Healthy skin & hair
- Healthy triglycerides
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Learn this food's omega 3/6 balance, and why it matters.
Average Ratings: 5Write a Review
Read more reviews >
Wild Alaskan pollock oil, Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol), organic lemon oil, natural astaxanthin (Haematococcus pluvialis extract), natural, non-GMO mixed tocopherols, softgel capsule (fish gelatin, glycerin, purified water).
Total Omega-3 fatty Acids 1180mg**
EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid) 670mg**
DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid) 340mg**
Vitamin D3 2000 IU 500% of DV
**Daily Value not established
Product has been sealed for your protection. Do not use if seal on cap is broken. Store in a cool, dry place.
You can refrigerate or freeze the oil, though there is no need, except in excessively warm room conditions.
Adults take two softgels daily, preferably with a meal, or as recommended by a healthcare professional. Keep out of reach of children.
This advice is based on intake recommendations from authoritative scientific bodies. Click here to see official omega-3 intake recommendations.
It is best to take our Hi-Potency Omega-3 Therapy fish oil with a meal.
Hi-Potency Omega-3 Therapy fish oil should be taken at the recommended dose. Consult with your physician before taking substantially higher doses, or taking this product if you are pregnant, diabetic, allergic to fish or iodine, using blood thinners, have a diagnosed cardiac condition or immune disorder, or anticipate surgery.
Omega-3s for Mothers, Infants, and Children
Here is what widely respected pediatrician and omega-3 expert William Sears, M.D. told us in respose to our question on this subject:
- "... experts attending a 2005 workshop recommended at least 300 mg a day for pregnant and nursing mothers (most mothers get only 20-25% of this amount, unless they take omega-3 fish oil supplements). In our medical practice we have mothers take at least 500 mg of DHA per day during pregnancy and lactation."
- "The recommendation for infants is at least 200mg of DHA per day, which is the dosage added to infant formulas."
- "Practically speaking, infants under one year old receive their omega-3s through mother's milk or fortified formula, but it is perfectly safe and perhaps even beneficial for infants to be given extra Vital Choice fish oil at a dose of around 300 mg a day of DHA. I stress DHA rather than EPA because DHA is the main brain growth omega-3."
NOTE: There are as yet no official omega-3 intake recommendations for children over two years of age, so please consult your pediatrician. A dose of 300 mg of DHA would be provided by 2 of our 850mg capsules.
CAUTION: If your child has never had fish or fish oil, please check for seafood allergies (which are uncommon) by rubbing some fish oil on his or her skin, in a less sensitive area such as the lower leg.
Fish oils and blood thinners
The omega-3s in fish oil possess properties associated with "blood thinning", but according to research by American Heart Association (AHA) consultant William Harris, Ph.D., they do not appear to pose any risk to persons taking blood-thinning drugs (e.g., Coumadin).
To learn more about this research, published in the American Journal of Cardiology, see "Can Fish Oil Cause Bleeding Risks?".
PLEASE NOTE: The U.S. FDA has not evaluated these statements. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Non-perishable shipments to Washington State, Oregon, Idaho, and
Northern California may arrive faster, in 1 or 2 days.
Standard Shipping Fees
- Up to $49.99 = $4.95 shipping
- $50 - $98.99 = $9.95 shipping
- $99 and over = FREE shipping
address, including non-perishables sent to Alaska and Hawaii.
Overnight shipping and other premium services cost more; for
more information on this and all shipping topics, see our Shipping page.