Wild Alaskan Halibut pieces
bulk random pieces |
This bulk, family-size pack provides a great deal on our premium quality Alaskan halibut!
Available in easy to defrost 1/2 pound bags, our bulk Halibut provides smaller, random-size Alaskan halibut pieces — perfect for stir-fries, stews, fish tacos, and sashimi or sushi rolls — frozen together in solid, 1/2 lb blocks.
Vital Choice Guarantee: We'll replace your product or refund your money if you're not satisfied.
- Random-size pieces*
- May include small tail pieces
- 1/2 pound bags
- Sustainably harvested
- Product of USA (Alaska)
*Note: Despite great care, our halibut portions may infrequently contain small, edible bones. Use a grill basket to BBQ these smaller pieces.
Alaskan halibut is naturally light and lean, with a wonderfully fresh, versatile flavor and delicate texture.
We procure only the smallest, purest halibut from Alaska's certified-sustainable fishery.
Our family pack offers very substantial cost-per-pound savings over our uniform 6-oz portions:
- 55% lower than the per-pound cost for a single 6-oz portion (FHP000)
- 65% lower than the per-pound cost for 24 of our 6-oz portions (FHP024)
Keep frozen at or below 0° F (-18° C). Vacuum-sealed fish held under these conditions should retain its quality for at least six to 12 months. Shellfish and lean white fish (halibut, cod) generally have a longer freezer life than fatty fish (salmon, tuna, sablefish).
NOTE: Seafood stored in frost-free freezers should be used within 3 months.
Thaw under refrigeration at or below 38 degrees Fahrenheit (3 degrees Celsius). Before thawing, puncture or remove packaging.
For quick-thawing, place frozen package in cool water for approximately 20 to 30 minutes, just until contents are flexible. Once thawed, immediately cook or refrigerate (if refrigerating, puncture package). Prior to cooking, do not allow fish to reach temperatures above 38 degrees Fahrenheit (3 degrees Celsius)
- Rinse fish quickly in cold, clean water.
- Cook in a medium-hot lightly oiled pan, under a broiler, or on the grill for 7-8 minutes, until only the very center is still translucent.
- Remove fish from heat and let it “self-cook” another two to three minutes, until just cooked through to center before serving.
- NOTE: It is perfectly safe and healthful to serve our fish raw or partly cooked, because flash-freezing has rendered it 100% sushi-safe.
- Enliven your fish entree with seasonings such as Vital Choice Organic Salmon Marinade Mix or other herb-spice blends.
- Add the seasonings of your choice to a little olive oil and marinate the fish, refrigerated, for 30-60 minutes or overnight. Or, simply mist fish lightly with olive oil or macadamia nut oil and dust with seasonings before cooking.
Frozen foods are packed with dry ice
and ship Monday through Wednesday (except holidays).
Frozen foods ship via 2nd Day Air service or 1-3 Day Express Ground service, depending on shipping date and destination.
Standard Shipping Fees
- Up to $49.99 = $6.95 shipping
- $50 - $98.99 = $12.95 shipping
- $99 and over = FREE shipping
Overnight shipping and other premium services cost extra; for more information, see our Shipping page. (Live shellfish ship overnight at no extra cost.)
- We cannot ship perishable goods to PO boxes.
- Free standard shipping applies to all orders of $99 or more sent to any U.S. street address.
- Perishable shipments to Alaska and Hawaii are subject to surcharges; please see our Shipping page.
When will my frozen foods arrive?
- Orders placed Saturday, Sunday, Monday, or before 10 AM Tuesday will ship on Tuesday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
- Orders placed between 10 AM Tuesday and 10 AM Wednesday will ship on Wednesday* to arrive 1-2 days later.
- Orders placed after 10 AM on Wednesday through 12:00 midnight Friday will ship on Monday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
*Except when a holiday falls on the designated shipping day.
For more information, see our Shipping page.