Roasted Salmon with Sundried Tomato Crust
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 8 hours
- 4 Vital Choice wild salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup dry red wine (pinot noir works well)
- 1/4 cup Vital Choice balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup Vital Choice extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 2 teaspoons dried organic basil
- 1 bay leaf, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground organic black pepper
- In a large bowl or gallon plastic bag, combine wine, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, sun-dried tomato paste, brown sugar, garlic, thyme, parsley, fennel seeds, basil, bay leaf, dry mustard, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco sauce, salt and pepper, to create marinade. Marinate fish, covered, for eight hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Remove salmon from marinade and pat dry before cooking. In a small saucepan, boil marinade for several minutes to reduce and sterilize.
- Place salmon on baking sheet, top each fillet with reduced marinade (which will form a crust during baking), and bake salmon until done, about 8 to 10 minutes depending on thickness.