3 cloves garlic
1 medium jalapeño pepper and/or small sweet pepper
1/4 cup Vital Choice extra-virgin olive oil
6 fresh basil leaves (optional)
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add a generous pinch of the salt; as soon as it has dissolved, turn off the heat.
2. Slide a thin bamboo skewer through the center of each tail or each piece of lobster meat; this will keep the meat from curling during cooking. Trim the skewers as needed so they will fit in the pot.
3. Add the lobster meat to the pot and cook for 1 minute; they will not be cooked through.
4. Gently remove/discard the skewers, then cut the meat into 1/2-inch slices. Transfer the lobster meat to a stainless-steel or heatproof pan just large enough to hold it.
5. Cut the lemon in half. Squeeze the juice of the lemon halves over the lobster tails.
6. Cut the garlic into thin slices. Stem and seed the jalapeño pepper or sweet pepper, then cut it into thin slices.
7. Place the garlic and pepper slices in a small saucepan, along with the oil.
8. Heat over medium to medium-high heat, just until the temperature of the oil registers 190 degrees on an instant-read thermometer.
9. Pour the oil over the sliced lobster; let cool just until the oil registers 120 degrees on the thermometer. The lobster will finish cooking (to just opaque inside) and become tender.
10. Stack and roll the basil leaves, if using, then cut them into thin ribbons.
11. Divide the lobster meat between plates. Drizzle a little of the oil over each one, then garnish with a few slices of the pepper and the basil. Season lightly with black pepper. Serve right away.