High DHA BrainCare + D3
850mg softgels, 180 ct |
Omega-3 DHA is critical to fundamental brain functions, and our High DHA BrainCare + D3 delivers an unsurpassed dose of DHA, plus ample vitamin D3.
Better yet, High DHA BrainCare + D3 is now Certified for Sport by NSF.
Vital Choice Guarantee: We'll replace your product or refund your money if you're not satisfied.
- Organic lemon oil
- Fish-gelatin capsules
- Certified for Sport™ by NSF
- Purity & potency certified by NSF
- 1,040mg omega-3 DHA per serving
- Natural, triglyceride-form omega-3s
- 2,000 IU vitamin D3 per serving
- Molecularly distilled for optimal purity
- Sustainably harvested wild-caught fish oils
- No artificial preservatives, color, dairy, starch, wheat, yeast, sugar, or soy
- Product of USA
Omega-3 fatty acids — especially DHA — are essential to our brains in many ways.
So, it's wise to ensure healthy levels of omega-3 DHA, from the womb through old age.
Our supplement provides 1,040mg of omega-3 DHA per two-softgel serving, which is twice the DHA per serving found in most omega-3 supplements.
It comes from sustainably harvested anchovies and mackerel, and occurs in the well-absorbed triglyceride form found in seafood.
Better yet, each two-capsule serving provides 2,000 IU of vitamin D3 ... another nutrient essential to brain health.
DHA: Critical to brain health and resiliency
Omega-3 DHA is the most abundant fatty acid in the human brain, by far.
That’s because DHA is essential to fundamental brain functions and to enabling and promoting connections among brain cells. In addition, the body uses DHA to resolve inflammation, which underlies major health conditions, including Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia.
The fundamental importance of DHA to the brain may explain why low blood levels are linked to higher risk for depression, anxiety, anger, and dementia, as well as diverse mental disorders.
And preliminary lab and clinical evidence suggests that ample intake of DHA renders the brain more resilient in response to physical trauma.
Vitamin D: An overlooked brain ally
Research into the role of vitamin D in brain health is growing rapidly.
Preliminary findings suggest that vitamin D is essential to brain development, and to brain health throughout life.
Low vitamin D levels have been linked to higher risks for various brain disorders, including Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia.
Certifed for Sport by NSF
As well as enhancing general health, omega-3s and vitamin D support the extreme physical and mental demands placed on serious amateur and professional athletes.
Leading sports leagues and associations, including these, have authorized their athletes to use NSF Certified for Sport™ supplements:
- Major League Baseball
- MLB Players' Association
- National Football League
- NFL Players' Association
- The PGA and LPGA
- Canadian Center for Ethics in Sports
So that they can benefit from both, worry-free, we sought the prized Certified for Sport™ seal of approval from NSF, which assures athletes that our supplement is free of all substances banned by sports federations worldwide.
All Vital Choice Salmon Oil and Vitamin D supplements are made from the same pure, natural ingredients, in the same way ... but only our Salmon Oil + Vitamin D3 supplement is Certified for Sport™ by NSF.
The NSF Certified for Sport™ program enforces four key provisions and provides continual monitoring to ensure compliance with substance prohibitive lists promulgated by WADA, NSF Annex A, NFL, MLB, and NCAA:
- Banned substance screening for products intended for professional and elite athletes.
- Good Manufacturing Practices audits of the production facility.
- Toxicological reviews of the product's formulation and substantiation of any product claims.
- Annual label claim tests to ensure the product is meeting its declared nutritional values and is free from microbial and heavy metal contamination.
We are proud to partner with NSF to bring high-quality, all natural supplements to athletes serious about their sport and their health.
These unique attributes make High-DhA Brain Care a rare, powerfully health-promoting omega-3 supplement. NSF International certifies that our Sockeye Salmon Oil provides the omega-3 levels stated on the label.
Omega-3 health benefits
The U.S. FDA has approved two qualified health claims regarding omega-3 EPA and DHA:
- Supportive but not conclusive research shows that consumption of EPA and DHA omega-3 fatty acids may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease.
- Consuming EPA and DHA combined may reduce blood pressure and reduce the risk of hypertension, a risk factor for CHD (coronary heart disease). However, FDA has concluded that the evidence is inconsistent and inconclusive.
The long-chain omega-3s (EPA and DHA) found only in seafood (especially fatty fish) – and in supplemental fish and krill oils – are essential to human life and support optimal health in key organs, systems, and life stages*:
- Fetal development
- Skin, hair, and nails
- Joints and movement
- Cognition (thinking), attention, mood, and memory
*The U.S. FDA has not evaluated these statements. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult with your physician before taking doses substantially higher than recommended, or taking this product if you are pregnant, diabetic, allergic to fish or iodine, have a diagnosed cardiac condition or immune disorder.
Average Ratings: 5Write a Review
Read more reviews >
Fish oil (from wild caught anchovy, mackerel & sardines), non-GMO mixed tocopherols, Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol), organic lemon oil, natural astaxanthin, softgel capsule (fish gelatin, glycerin, purified water).
Contains no artificial preservatives, color, dairy, starch, wheat, yeast, sugar, or soy protein.
Gluten-free, Non-GMO. Contains fish.
Total Omega-3 Fatty Acids 1400mg **
Adults: Take two softgels daily, preferably with a meal, or as recommended by a healthcare professional.
- Store in a cool dry place.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Product has been sealed for your protection — do not use if seal on cap is broken.
Non-perishable shipments to Washington State, Oregon, Idaho, and
Northern California may arrive faster, in 1 or 2 days.
Standard Shipping Fees
- Up to $49.99 = $6.95 shipping
- $50 - $98.99 = $12.95 shipping
- $99 and over = FREE shipping
address, including non-perishables sent to Alaska and Hawaii.
Overnight shipping and other premium services cost more; for
more information on this and all shipping topics, see our Shipping page.