A sausage, egg, and cheese muffin is synonymous with breakfast, or brekkie, as they say in Australia. Our version of this morning classic uses Wolferman’s super-thick sourdough muffins. Along with cheesy eggs and some secret sauce for extra kick, these are the perfectly-sized breakfast sandwiches.
Start out with award-worthy Vital Choice pasture-raised sausage patties, top them with rich scrambled eggs with Gruyère cheese, and add a bit of heat with a homemade sriracha mayo. The key to getting fluffy and luscious eggs is medium-low heat and butter (because butter makes everything butter, we mean better). And a spatula. Make sure you’re pushing the eggs into and out of the middle of the skillet to form curds, then finish the eggs with a sweep around the edge of the skillet.
One bite and you’ll start setting your alarm extra early to make this delicious breakfast sandwich.
Mini Brekkie Sandies
For the scrambled eggs
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 ounces Gruyère cheese (grated)
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (such as sriracha)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 8 Wolferman’s San Francisco-Style Sourdough Mini Muffins split (toasted)
- 4 Vital Choice Pasture-Raised Pork Breakfast Sausage Patties
To make scrambled eggs
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, cream, and 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt until well-blended.
- Heat medium nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Melt butter and add egg mixture.
- Leave eggs untouched for 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle cheese over eggs and, using a silicone spatula, begin stirring to create curds of egg.
- Cook for 2 minutes, or until cheese melts and eggs are just set but still creamy.
- Remove from heat.
- In small bowl, whisk mayonnaise, hot sauce, and lemon juice.
- Spread cut sides of Wolferman’s San Francisco-Style Sourdough Mini Muffins tops and bottoms with mayonnaise mixture.
- Place one patty on each bottom.
- Divide scrambled eggs among sandwiches.
- Place tops on sandwiches and serve.