Summer is that time of year when nobody wants to toil for hours in the kitchen. We want to spend time outdoors, enjoying the fresh air (and a glass of wine) while eating dinner in the backyard. So how do we make that happen? With a quick dinner recipe, of course! One of the best ways to implement this genius plan is to enlist the grill (whether it’s an indoor or outdoor grill) and salmon.
This grilled teriyaki salmon recipe is mouthwatering and flavorful, all thanks to a combination of teriyaki sauce and Harry & David Bacon Chipotle BBQ Sauce. The salmon is seasoned simply before its brushed with this fantastic sauce combo. Serve it with a seasonal salad, rice, or your favorite side dish.
With just a handful of ingredients and steps to make it, this grilled teriyaki salmon dish may become your go-to dinner throughout the season.
Grilled Teriyaki Salmon
- 1 pound salmon fillet (cut into 4 equal portions)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce
- ½ cup Harry & David Bacon Chipotle BBQ Sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- ¼ cup chopped scallions
- Heat the grill to medium.
- Remove salmon from packaging and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Brush the top side of the salmon with olive oil. Season the salmon with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Place the salmon olive oil side down on the grill and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- While cooking, brush the salmon with teriyaki sauce.
- Using tongs or a spatula, carefully turn the salmon over and grill for an additional 2 minutes. Gently brush the salmon with the Bacon Chipotle BBQ Sauce. Grill until the fish is no longer translucent and flakes easily with a fork.
- Transfer to a serving platter, top with sesame seeds and scallions. Serve immediately with favorite sides. We recommend rice, avocado, edamame, and carrots.