Wild Pacific spot prawns.
Pacific Spot Prawns - 12 oz tub
Serving Size 85g (3 oz)
|Amount Per Serving
||Calories from Fat 8
| Sugars 0g
|Total Omega-3s 285mg
|* Percent Daily Values
are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower
depending on your calorie needs.
Keep frozen at or below 0° F (-18° C). Held under these conditions the Pacific Spot Prawns should retain their quality for at least six to 12 months. Shellfish and lean white fish (halibut, cod) generally have a longer freezer life than fatty fish (salmon, tuna, sablefish).
NOTE: Seafood stored in frost-free freezers should be used within 3 months.
Thaw under refrigeration at or below 38 degrees Fahrenheit (3 degrees Celsius). Before thawing, puncture or remove packaging.
For quick-thawing, place frozen package in cool water for approximately 20 to 30 minutes, just until contents are flexible. Once thawed, immediately cook or refrigerate (if refrigerating, puncture package). Prior to cooking, do not allow fish to reach temperatures above 38 degrees Fahrenheit (3 degrees Celsius).
- Keep prawns frozen until about an hour prior to cooking.
- Soak the frozen sealed container in a sink or basin of cool water for about 30 minutes.
- Pour the contents into a strainer and rinse with fresh, cold water to melt away any remaining ice.
- Prawns can be prepared whole or as peeled and de-veined. (There are no health or culinary reasons to de-vein prawns: it’s simply a matter of aesthetic preference.)
- To quickly peel and de-vein prawns, take a pair of sharp kitchen scissors and cut down the middle of the back shell right to the tail tip. Then break open the shell and pull it off leaving the tail attached. Pull or wash out the vein.
- Prawns can be grilled, baked, sautéed, boiled, steamed, or skewered and grilled
- Prawns take only 1 to 2 minutes to be done. Remove Prawns from heat as soon as they turn pink: overcooking will toughen them.
- Prawns go well in all kinds of pasta dishes – including scampi and pesto – and can be served cold with cocktail sauce (ketchup plus a touch of horseradish) or the dip of your choice. We like dipping them in a blend of melted butter and olive oil, seasoned with our Organic Salmon Marinade mix.
Frozen foods are packed with dry ice
and ship Monday through Wednesday (except holidays).
Frozen foods ship via 2nd Day Air service or 1-3 Day Express Ground service, depending on shipping date and destination.
Standard Shipping Fees
- Up to $49.99 = $4.95 shipping
- $50 - $98.99 = $9.95 shipping
- $99 and over = FREE shipping
Overnight shipping and other premium services cost extra; for more information, see our Shipping page
. (Live shellfish ship overnight at no extra cost.)
When will my frozen foods arrive?
- We cannot ship perishable goods to PO boxes.
- Free standard shipping applies to all orders of $99 or more sent to any U.S. street address.
- Perishable shipments to Alaska and Hawaii are subject to surcharges; please see our Shipping page.
- Orders placed Saturday, Sunday, Monday, or before 10 AM Tuesday will ship on Tuesday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
- Orders placed between 10 AM Tuesday and 10 AM Wednesday will ship on Wednesday* to arrive 1-2 days later.
- Orders placed after 10 AM on Wednesday through 12:00 midnight Friday will ship on Monday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
*Except when a holiday falls on the designated shipping day.
For more information, see our Shipping page