Skin-on & boneless*
May include small tail pieces
Guaranteed total weight 5 lbs
Certified Kosher (EarthK)
- Certified sustainable by MSC
Our 5 lb. packs feature skin-on portions of varying size, cut from the same superior silver (coho) salmon that provides our 6 oz. portions
Each 5 lb. pack includes about 14 individually packaged portions (average 5.8 oz. each).
The portions include smaller, thinner tail-end pieces perfect for smaller appetites, which cook quickly and feature a higher proportion of flavorful, omega-3-rich fats.
About silver (coho) salmon
Alaskan silver salmon is often overshadowed by better-known sockeye and king, but this moist, delicious fish finds favor with many salmon connoisseurs.
In fact, fillets of wild Alaskan silver salmon (previously flash-frozen) won a blind taste test conducted by the Chef's Collaborative, beating fresh wild King salmon from Oregon and California, and farmed Atlantic salmon.
Silver salmon is leaner than sockeye or king, with a milder flavor han either, and healthy amounts of omega-3s and vitamin D.
Just as in sport fishing, our silver salmon are line-harvested from small boats.
To preserve their fresh-caught quality, our silver salmon are iced immediately and flash-frozen within a few hours of leaving the water.
Silver salmon nutrition
In addition to ample protein, silver salmon provide three beneficial natural food factors in abundance ... these amounts are per 6 oz portion, and will vary annually and by harvest location:
- Omega-3s – About 1,184mg of omega-3 EPA+DHA, or 3 to 7 times more than the minimum daily EPA+DHA intake recommended by most world health authorities (250-500mg).
- Vitamin D3 – About 747 IU in the optimal D3 form, which is more than most other fish, and more than any fortified food, approaching the child-to-adult US RDA of 600 IU.
- Astaxanthin – About 2.31mg. This red-orange pigment is a carotenoid-class nutrient with unique health benefits.
Keep frozen. Thaw overnight in refrigerator, or for faster readiness, place unopened package in cold water for 30 minutes or until fish is flexible.
Thaw under refrigeration at or below 38 degrees Fahrenheit (3 degrees Celsius). Before thawing, puncture or remove packaging.
For quick-thawing, place frozen package in cool water for approximately 20 to 30 minutes, just until contents are flexible. Once thawed, immediately cook or refrigerate (if refrigerating, puncture package). Prior to cooking, do not allow fish to reach temperatures above 38 degrees Fahrenheit (3 degrees Celsius).
Rinse fish quickly in cold, clean water. Cook in a medium-hot lightly oiled pan, under a broiler, or on the grill for 7-8 minutes, until only the very center is still translucent.
Remove fish from heat and let it “self-cook” another two to three minutes, until just cooked through to center before serving.
NOTE: It is perfectly safe and healthful to serve our fish raw or partly cooked, because flash-freezing has rendered it 100% sushi-safe.
Enliven your fish entree with antioxidant-rich seasonings such as Vital Choice Organic Salmon Marinade Mix or other herb-spice blends.
Add our Mix or the seasonings of your choice to a little olive oil and marinate the fish, refrigerated, for 30-60 minutes or overnight.
Or, simply mist fish lightly with olive oil or macadamia nut oil and dust with seasonings before cooking.
Frozen foods are packed with dry ice
and ship Monday through Wednesday (except holidays).
Frozen foods ship via 2nd Day Air service or 1-3 Day Express Ground service, depending on shipping date and destination.
Standard Shipping Fees
- Up to $49.99 = $4.95 shipping
- $50 - $98.99 = $9.95 shipping
- $99 and over = FREE shipping
Overnight shipping and other premium services cost extra; for more information, see our Shipping page
. (Live shellfish ship overnight at no extra cost.)
When will my frozen foods arrive?
- We cannot ship perishable goods to PO boxes.
- Free standard shipping applies to all orders of $99 or more sent to any U.S. street address.
- Perishable shipments to Alaska and Hawaii are subject to surcharges; please see our Shipping page.
- Orders placed Saturday, Sunday, Monday, or before 10 AM Tuesday will ship on Tuesday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
- Orders placed between 10 AM Tuesday and 10 AM Wednesday will ship on Wednesday* to arrive 1-2 days later.
- Orders placed after 10 AM on Wednesday through 12:00 midnight Friday will ship on Monday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
*Except when a holiday falls on the designated shipping day.
For more information, see our Shipping page