Wild Alaskan Tanner Crab (Chionocetes bairdi
Wild Alaskan Tanner Crab - Leg Meat 8 oz
Serving Size 3 oz
Number of servings: About 2.5
|Amount Per Serving
||Calories from Fat 12
| Sugars 0g
|Vitamin A 3% • Vitamin C 10%
Calcium 3% • Iron 14%
Total omega-3 fatty acids 412mg
|* Percent Daily Values
are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower
depending on your calorie needs.
Classic Crab Cakes
Makes 6 cakes.
1 1/2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning™ (or Vital Choice Organic Salmon marinade mix)
2 tablespoons biscuit baking mix
1 tablespoon dried parsley
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 tablespoon mustard
1 egg, beaten
1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 pound crabmeat
Vegetable oil for frying*
*Preferably ogranic oil, in order of preference: macadamia nut oil, extra virgin olive oil, hi-oleic sunflower oil, canola oil.
Mix together Old Bay™ seasoning, baking mix, and parsley in a medium size mixing bowl. Stir mayonnaise, mustard, egg, and Worcestershire sauce into dry ingredients. Mix in crab meat gently. Form mixture into 6 to 8 balls.
Heat 1 inch oil in a large, heavy bottomed skillet to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C). Place balls in pan, and flatten slightly with a spatula. Flip the crab cakes over after 3 minutes, or when the crab cake is browned on one side. Continue frying until done. Drain on paper towels.
Chili Lime Crab Cakes with Chipotle Avocado Mayo
Serve with black bean and corn salsa.
Makes 4-6 crab cakes
1 lb crab meat
10 low-salt tortilla chips, crushed finely
1 large egg
3 Tbsp pureed canned chipotle chili peppers
2 tsp lime juice
1 Tbsp cilantro, chopped coarsely
1 Tbsp organic extra virgin olive oil
Chipotle avocado mayonnaise
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder
1 medium avocado, mashed
1/2 tsp lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all mayonnaise ingredients in a small mixing bowl and blend well. Chill.
- In a large bowl, combine crackers, egg, ranch dressing, garlic paste, lime juice and cilantro. Gently fold in crab meat. Form into 4 to 6 crab cakes.
- Sauté in olive oil until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve with dollops of avocado mayonnaise.
California Crab Grilled Cheese
Recipe created by Patterson Watkins; grand prize winner in the 2010 Ultimate Crab Challenge Recipe Contest. Serve with a green salad or soup.
1 lb. crab meat
2 Tbsp lemon juice
3 Tbsp oil-packed sundried tomatoes, chopped
3 Tbsp mayonnaise
2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
1 1/2 tsp fresh dill, chopped 8 slices sourdough bread, thick-sliced
3 Tbsp butter, softened
3/4 cup brie, rind trimmed, sliced
1 1/2 cups watercress, cleaned
12 slices Vital Choice Salmon Bacon or applewood smoked bacon, cooked
1 medium avocado, peeled and sliced
Storage and thawing
Because our Tanner Crab is cooked, all you need to do is thaw and serve it chilled or warmed. (High heat will make it tough and dry.)
Thaw crab for one to two days under refrigeration. Or, to quick-thaw it, immerse the sealed packs in cold water for 30 minutes or until flexible.
Serve it in dips, bisques, pastas, chowders, omelets, crepes, casseroles, quiches and your favorite crab cake recipes!
As an appetizer, serve it cold with cocktail sauce, or broil very briefly and serve warm with salsa, pesto sauce, or melted butter.
Frozen foods are packed with dry ice
and ship Monday through Wednesday (except holidays).
Frozen foods ship via 2nd Day Air service or 1-3 Day Express Ground service, depending on shipping date and destination.
Standard Shipping Fees
- Up to $49.99 = $4.95 shipping
- $50 - $98.99 = $9.95 shipping
- $99 and over = FREE shipping
Overnight shipping and other premium services cost extra; for more information, see our Shipping page
. (Live shellfish ship overnight at no extra cost.)
When will my frozen foods arrive?
- We cannot ship perishable goods to PO boxes.
- Free standard shipping applies to all orders of $99 or more sent to any U.S. street address.
- Perishable shipments to Alaska and Hawaii are subject to surcharges; please see our Shipping page.
- Orders placed Saturday, Sunday, Monday, or before 10 AM Tuesday will ship on Tuesday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
- Orders placed between 10 AM Tuesday and 10 AM Wednesday will ship on Wednesday* to arrive 1-2 days later.
- Orders placed after 10 AM on Wednesday through 12:00 midnight Friday will ship on Monday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
*Except when a holiday falls on the designated shipping day.
For more information, see our Shipping page