NOTE: The 1-package option (SCB101) must be shipped with another frozen item to ensure delivered quality.
A savory, healthy alternative to traditional bacon. Enjoy slices of our wild Alaskan salmon infused with a touch of maple syrup.
Fast, simple and so easy to prepare - try them with breakfast, or in classic club and BLT sandwiches!
Made by hand in small batches, Vital Choice Wild Alaskan Salmon Bacon is a superbly healthful, delicious alternative!
Our salmon bacon is hand-crafted on the Kenai Peninsula, and offers 13 grams protein + 334mg omega-3s per serving.
Quick nutrition notes
Each 2 oz serving is only 70 calories, with no saturated or trans fat ... and packs a healthy 13 grams of protein and 334mg of omega-3 fatty acids.
(Most health agencies recommend getting 250-500mg of omega-3s daily.)
For full information, click the Nutrition tab on this page.
Alaska's Kenai Peninsula ...
... the pristine source of our
bodacious Wild Salmon Bacon.
Wild Alaskan Keta Salmon, Sea Salt, Organic maple sugar, Organic sugar, Organic non fat dry milk, natural birch smoke.
Wild Alaskan Salmon Bacon - 12 oz.
Serving Size 2 oz
Number of servings: About 6
|Amount Per Serving
||Calories from Fat 10
| Sugars 4g
|Vitamin A 0% • Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 4% • Iron 0%
Total omega-3 fatty acids 334mg
EPA 86mg • DHA 245mg
|* Percent Daily Values
are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower
depending on your calorie needs.
- Keep frozen at or below 0° F (-18° C).
- Vacuum-sealed salmon bacon held under these conditions should retain its quality for at least six months.
- NOTE: Fish stored in frost-free freezers should be used within 3 months.
- Before thawing, puncture or remove packaging.
- Thaw under refrigeration at or below 38 degrees Fahrenheit (3 degrees Celsius).
- For quick-thawing, place frozen package in cool water for approximately 20 to 30 minutes, just until contents are flexible.
- Once thawed, immediately cook or refrigerate (if refrigerating, puncture package).
- Prior to cooking, do not allow fish to reach temperatures above 38 degrees Fahrenheit (3 degrees Celsius).
You don’t need to thaw the bacon before cooking the strips using the pan or baking methods below.For even faster cooking, thaw a bacon package overnight in refrigerator (see instructions above), or place unopened package in cold water for 30 minutes or until flexible.
To Pan-Fry Frozen Bacon
Cook frozen strips in a sauté pan, covered, over medium heat for 7-10 minutes*, turning once.
Remove the pan from the heat, still covered, for 2-3 minutes before serving.
To Bake Frozen Bacon
Add a touch of oil, broth, wine or water to the pan and bake the frozen patties, covered, for 10 to 15 minutes at 400 degrees. Check them after 7 minutes to be sure they're not overcooking. Salmon is rich in healthful omega-3 fatty acids, but is relatively lean overall and will taste dry if overcooked.
Frozen foods are packed with dry ice
and ship Monday through Wednesday (except holidays).
Frozen foods ship via 2nd Day Air service or 1-3 Day Express Ground service, depending on shipping date and destination.
Standard Shipping Fees
- Up to $49.99 = $4.95 shipping
- $50 - $98.99 = $9.95 shipping
- $99 and over = FREE shipping
Overnight shipping and other premium services cost extra; for more information, see our Shipping page
. (Live shellfish ship overnight at no extra cost.)
When will my frozen foods arrive?
- We cannot ship perishable goods to PO boxes.
- Free standard shipping applies to all orders of $99 or more sent to any U.S. street address.
- Perishable shipments to Alaska and Hawaii are subject to surcharges; please see our Shipping page.
- Orders placed Saturday, Sunday, Monday, or before 10 AM Tuesday will ship on Tuesday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
- Orders placed between 10 AM Tuesday and 10 AM Wednesday will ship on Wednesday* to arrive 1-2 days later.
- Orders placed after 10 AM on Wednesday through 12:00 midnight Friday will ship on Monday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
*Except when a holiday falls on the designated shipping day.
For more information, see our Shipping page