Inspired by Good Fish by Becky Selengut
1/2 pound fusilli pasta
1 tablespoon kosher salt
2 cans of Vital Choice canned sockeye salmon, drained, broken into flakes
2 cups seeded, sliced English cucumber
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
1/2 cup firm mozzarella cheese, cut into thin strips
2 tablespoons freshly chopped dill
1/4 cup grated parmesan reggiano
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1/4 cup organic extra virgin olive oil
- Bring a pasta pot of water to a boil. Add salt and pasta, stir and cook until al dente.
- Drain through a colander and run cold water over it until cool. Drain well and add to a big bowl.
- Mix in salmon, cucumber, tomatoes, basil, mozzarella, dill, and parmesan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil and freshly grated black pepper.
- Pour over salad, mix well and add more salt and pepper to taste.
About Becky Selengut
Becky Selengut is a private chef, author (Washington Local and Seasonal Cookbook, Good Fish), columnist (Edible Seattle) and cooking teacher. She worked for 3 years at the internationally acclaimed Herbfarm Restaurant under her mentor, Chef Jerry Traunfeld before setting out on her own to start Cornucopia, her private chef and education business.
She's at work on her third cookbook, "Shroom: Mind-bendingly good recipes for wild and cultivated mushrooms" (Andrews McMeel Fall 2014).
Learn more at cornucopiacuisine.com.