4 Roma tomatoes, cut in quarters
1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
Salt and pepper, as needed
1 head red leaf lettuce
1/2 pound small red potatoes, steamed or boiled, cut in quarters
1/2 pound green beans, steamed or boiled, cut in half
1 cup kalamata or nicoise olives
4 hardboiled eggs, cut in half
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl, toss the tomatoes with 2 tablespoons olive oil, minced thyme and seasoned to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer the tomatoes to a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until the tomatoes are semidried and lightly caramelized.
3. Preheat a cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. When hot, add tuna and sear until browned. Season generously with salt and pepper and then flip the loins over to brown the other side. Don't overcook the tuna, you want it to be rare in the middle.
4. Make dressing: Whisk together 1/2 cup olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, honey, and salt and pepper to taste.
5. On a platter, arrange the lettuce, tuna, potatoes, slow-roasted tomatoes, olives, green beans, and eggs. Drizzle dressing over the top of the salad.