In the Kitchen with Vital Choice
Recipes • Seafood How-To Videos • Recipe Videos • Storage & Cooking Tips
Chef Recipe Videos
Recipes by Category
As she says, "Moroccan Mint Pesto pairs beautifully with this delicious, marinated sockeye salmon. Bake or grill the fish for an easy and elegant meal."
Attractive offer from MyFoodMyHealth.com
MyFoodMyHealth is the premier source for people and families who struggle to cook delicious, healthy meals for family members have allergies and other health concerns.
Their site provides a customizable online meal planner for families with health conditions and food allergies, or that want to support their health by eating whole, natural and delicious food.
And it's filled with flavorful recipes created by professional chefs and nutritionists, and provides online tools to make it simple to prepare nutritious meals everyone can enjoy.
To sign up and save 15% off your subscription, visit them online at MyFoodMyHealth and enter the Promo Code: vital choice.
Triple-Citrus Ginger Sockeye Salmon with Moroccan Pesto
By Rebecca Katz from The Cancer Fighting Kitchen
Prep time 15 minutes
1/2 cup tightly packed fresh cilantro or basil leaves
6 fresh mint leaves
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 clove garlic, chopped
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons freshly squeezed
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons water (optional)
- Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor and process until well blended.
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
Zest of 1 orange
Zest of 1 lemon
1/2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
Pinch of cayenne
4 (6 oz) skinless boneless Vital Choice Sockeye Salmon fillets
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley or mint or Moroccan Mint Pesto
1 cup tightly packed fresh parsley
- In a small bowl or glass measuring cup, whisk together the orange juice, lime juice, lemon juice, olive oil, orange zest, lemon zest, ginger, and cayenne.
- Place the salmon in a baking dish and season each piece with 1/8 teaspoon of the salt.
- Pour half of the orange juice mixture over the salmon and turn to coat well. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Remove the salmon from the refrigerator, uncover, and add 2 tablespoons of water to the bottom of the dish.
- Bake just until the fillets are tender and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of each fillet registers 121 F; it will take 8‒10 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fillets.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining orange juice mixture and the mustard in a small saucepan over medium heat and simmer until the liquid is reduced by half. Pour the reduction over the fillets, and serve with a dollop of Moroccan Mint Pesto.
- This versatile, delicious marinade is great with other fish, such as cod, sablefish (black cod), and halibut.
- You can also cook the fish on a grill. Wipe the marinade off the fillets and rub them with 1 teaspoon of light sesame oil. Grill over low, even heat for about 4 minutes per side, until the flesh is opaque and flakes easily and the center of each fillet registers 121 F