In the Kitchen with Vital Choice
Recipes • Seafood How-To Videos • Recipe Videos • Storage & Cooking Tips
Chef Recipe Videos
Recipes by Category
Pamela Salzman is a cooking instructor in the Los Angeles area who focuses on whole, seasonal, and locally-grown organic foods.
- In a very small bowl, stir together the chili powder, cumin, cinnamon, salt and pepper.
- Place the salmon portions (or 24-oz fillet) on a cutting board (skin side down if using skin-on salmon). Pat fish dry with a paper towel. Rub the spice mixture evenly over the top (no-skin side) of the fish. If using 24-ounce side, cut it into 4 to 6 individual servings.
- If you have time, allow the fish to sit coated with the spices for 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil.
- When the oil is hot but not smoking, place the salmon spice-side down in the skillet. Sear for 3 minutes.
- Turn all the pieces over and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes. Do not overcook! Serve immediately.