A delicious breakfast recipe from cooking coach Monica Puri Bangia's "Sharing Plate" blog
She's an incredibly versatile chef who studied at the French Culinary Institute in New York City.
Monica makes her home in northern New Jersey, about 15 miles west of Manhattan, and makes simple but palate-pleasing dishes with superior, healthy ingredients.
Here's how Monica describes the path she took to arrive at this delicious recipe:
"The other day, I bought some fresh, local pesto. I brought it home and started thinking about some yummy pasta dish I would use it in… but then I remembered I am trying to eat less pasta.
"So, instead I used it in the salmon and egg concoction. I just added a tablespoon to the beaten eggs and salmon. I then cooked it the same way I did before.
"It was absolutely delicious. It brought the simple dish to a whole new level. I loved the sweet basil taste with the salty parmesan kick with the nutty pine nuts."
Smoked Salmon and Pesto Scrambled Eggs
By Monica Puri Bangia
- 2 eggs, beaten with 1 teaspoon water and 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon basil pesto
- 2 to 3 ounces smoked wild salmon*, chunked or sliced
- Beat the eggs and add the pesto and salmon. Mix well.
- Heat a non-stick pan with the olive oil on medium high heat.
- Add the eggs and lower the heat to medium.
- Stir continuously with a wooden spoon till the eggs begin to set.
- Turn the heat off and the eggs will continue to cook.
- Serve with a salad or wheat toast.