In the Kitchen with Vital Choice
Recipes • Seafood How-To Videos • Recipe Videos • Storage & Cooking Tips
Chef Recipe Videos
Recipes by Category
Our easy, tasty recipe comes from Alaskan Chef Erik Slater.
- 3 cups loosely packed leafy greens (kale, Swiss chard, collards, beet greens, or mustard greens)
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts, almonds, cashews, or macadamia nuts
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup organic extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 vine-ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 shallot, chopped
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 4 Alaska Cod fillets (6 oz. each), thawed
- Trim and cut greens from stem and center rib; place in blender.
- To toast the nuts, place in sauté pan over medium heat. Cook until nuts are brown and toasty, shaking the pan every so often.
- Place toasted nuts, garlic, cheese, salt, lemon zest and 1 tablespoon lemon juice in blender. Puree, and slowly drizzle oil into mixture until it is as smooth as you like it. Season to taste.
- Simmer all ingredients on medium-low until it becomes jam-like, about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Puree, if desired; keep warm.
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- Rinse frozen Alaska Cod under cold water to remove any ice glaze; pat dry with paper towel.
- Rub 1 tablespoon of pesto onto each fillet, reserving about 2 tablespoons pesto.
- Place seafood on spray-coated pan or foil-lined baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes. Cook just until fish is opaque throughout.
- To serve, top with reserved pesto and a dollop of tomato jam.