In the Kitchen with Vital Choice
Recipes • Seafood How-To Videos • Recipe Videos • Storage & Cooking Tips
Chef Recipe Videos
Recipes by Category
Serving Size: 6 burgers
Adapted from a recipe on http://wildideabuffalo.com/blogs/recipes
- 2 lbs. Ground Bison
- 3 tablespoons organic extra virgin olive oil, plus a little more
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 10 oz. bacon
- 6 ounces blue cheese
- 6 hamburger buns
- Mix together 2 tablespoons olive oil, mustard, ketchup, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Mix above with Ground Buffalo until well incorporated.
- Divide into 6 portions and pat out into bun size patties.
- In large skillet over medium high heat, add the other tablespoon of olive oil.
- Place bacon in pan and cook until crispy or desired doneness, turning once during cooking time.
- Preheat grill or broiler to high heat, 500 degrees. Ensure grill grates are clean.
- Brush burgers with a little oil and place on grill or under broiler.
- Cook for 2.5 minutes.
- Turn burgers and top with blue cheese. Cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Remove burgers from heat, and allow to rest for a few minutes.
- Place Buffalo Blue Burgers on bun and top with bacon.