Petite Scallops Tagliatelle
You can serve this simple, delicious, dish as an appetizer or entrée.
Tagliatelle of Patagonian Scallops
Serves 2 to 4
9 oz. Patagonian Scallops
1 fresh lemon, juice and zest
4 leaves radicchio (fine chiffonade)
3/4 cup organic extra virgin olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced fine
¼ bunch fresh flat leaf parsley
1 tsp. sea salt
1 tbsp cracked white pepper
9 oz. tagliatelle or fettuccine pasta
- Bring 3 liters of water to a boil.
- In a heavy bottom pan over medium heat gently sauté garlic until aromatic but not colored.
- Remove to mixing bowl. Add lemon juice and slowly whisk in 150 ml of the olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Reserve for later. In a heavy bottom pan over high heat, add 25 ml of olive oil and quickly add scallops.
- Season with sea salt and pepper. Cook for 30 seconds and then shake pan and allow to cook for another 20-30 seconds.
- Add chiffonade of Radicchio and immediately take off heat.
- Shake well and remove contents to reserve warm.
- Cook pasta as per manufacturers instructions in boiling water and toss with Lemon Oil mixture.
- Divide immediately among four plates and top with scallops and radicchio and leaves of parsley. Add a pinch of lemon zest. Serve at once.