4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes
1/2 cup white wine
1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
1 tablespoon capers, chopped
1 tablespoon kosher salt, for salting pasta pot
10 ounces fresh linguine or fettuccini
Zest of 1 lemon
4 ounces goat cheese
1/2 cup chopped Italian parsley
Fresh basil, for garnish
1. Set a large pasta pot filled with water over high heat.
2. In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, add the olive oil. After a minute, add the garlic, cayenne, olives and capers; cook for 2 minutes, stirring, to flavor the oil.
3. Turn the heat to medium-low. Add the wine and tomatoes and let simmer for 5 to 7 minutes.
4. When the pasta water boils, add salt. Add the pasta and cook for just a few minutes (you will finish the cooking in the pan with the sauce). Drain in a colander, reserving 1 cup of the pasta cooking liquid.
5. Add the pasta to the sauté pan and stir into the sauce. Add pasta cooking water if it seems dry.
6. Add the goat cheese, prawns, lemon zest and parsley to the sauce pan; cook, tossing, until the pasta is done to your liking and the spot prawns have just started to curl a bit. Garnish with fresh basil.