In the Kitchen with Vital Choice
Recipes • Seafood How-To Videos • Recipe Videos • Storage & Cooking Tips
Chef Recipe Videos
Recipes by Category
Go light on the curry so as not to overpower the dish… it should be subtle. Done right, this mix makes an excellent seasoning for any pan-roasted fish.
If you prefer or need a lower-sodium preparation, just go easy on the salt, or use a substitute product featuring potassium chloride or lactate.
Serve this dish with a favorite vegetable on the side... sauteed spinach or green beans sauteed with mustard seed would work well.
Pan-Roasted Salmon with Mushrooms
2 (6 oz) wild salmon portions
Juice of half a lemon
Curry salt (1/3 curry powder to 2/3 sea salt) to taste
1‒2 tablespoons organic extra virgin olive oil or organic macadamia nut oil
2 varieties of mushroom, whole (e.g., button, crimini, oyster, morel, shiitake)
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
Splash organic balsamic vinegar
Pinch of sea salt and organic pepper
Handful fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped (chopped basil leaves may be substituted if desired)
- Rub the salmon with lemon juice and sprinkle with the curry salt.
- Heat a pan medium-high and add a little oil. Lay the salmon on the hot pan and reduce the heat to medium-low. Flip the salmon when it is 2/3 cooked should cook a total of 6 to 8 minutes.
- Heat a little oil in another pan. Add the mushrooms and garlic and toss. Add a little balsamic vinegar. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Reduce the heat and cook until the garlic is transluscent.
- Scatter the parsley on the mushrooms.
- Serve the salmon on top of the mushrooms.