In the Kitchen with Vital Choice
Recipes • Seafood How-To Videos • Recipe Videos • Storage & Cooking Tips
Chef Recipe Videos
Recipes by Category
In this recipe, succulent King salmon is rubbed with oil and spices and baked slowly to produce a delectable dish fit for a King. Try making it with our limited-availability Ivory King Salmon.
Moroccan King Salmon
6 (6 oz each) skinless/boneless wild King salmon fillets
2 teaspoons organic macadamia nut oil
1 clove garlic, chopped
2 teaspoons ground organic cinnamon
2 teaspoons ground organic ginger
1 lemon, cut into eighths
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sesame oil with the garlic, ground cinnamon, ground ginger, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Rub the spice mix over the salmon, place fish in a baking dish, and bake for 20-30 minutes, or until cooked through (opaque through center, flakes under firm fork pressure).
- Serve with lemon slices, cous cous or rice pilaf, and salad.
Shanghai Stir-Fry Salmon
This recipe is not authentic Shanghai cuisine, but we like the name and the results.
2 teaspoons organic macadamia nut oil (two 1 tsp portions)
2-3 (6 oz each) skinless/boneless wild salmon fillets cut into thin slices
1 garlic clove, crushed (optional)
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
3 to 4 cups sliced green vegetables (e.g., celery, bok choy, chard, broccoli)
1 tablespoon light (salt reduced) soy sauce
1 tablespoon Chinese Cooking wine or sherry
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
2 tablespoons Hoisin sauce
1 teaspoon honey
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium high heat (if oil begins to smoke reduce heat), add the salmon slices and cook for 1 minute on each side or until done. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Heat the extra oil in a frying pan, add the garlic and onion and ginger and cook for 1 to 2 minutes over high heat. Add the green vegetables and cook for a further minute. Stir in the soy sauce, cooking wine or sherry, sesame oil, hoisin sauce and honey. Cook for a further minute, stirring.
- Add the cooked salmon to the vegetables, stir to combine then serve immediately with udon noodles or rice.