In the Kitchen with Vital Choice
Recipes • Seafood How-To Videos • Recipe Videos • Storage & Cooking Tips
Chef Recipe Videos
Recipes by Category
Prep time 15 minutes; Cook Time 15 minutes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 3 Tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper or lemon-pepper
- 1 Tablespoon organic extra virgin olive oil or macadamia nut oil
- 4 wild Alaskan Salmon fillet portions (4 oz or 6 oz), thawed
- Organic extra virgin olive oil or macadamia nut oil (nonstick cooking spray
- 1 lemon, cut in wedges
Thaw salmon in the refrigerator overnight, or place unopened, vacuum-sealed portions into cold water for 30 minutes, or until portions are flexible.
Remove thawed salmon from refrigerator or water bath 15 minutes before cooking, to allow it to warm up.
- In a small bowl, blend rosemary, garlic, salt, and pepper. Stir in 1 tablespoon olive oil to make a thick paste.
- Rinse any ice glaze from frozen Alaska Salmon under cold water; pat dry with paper towel. Press rub mixture firmly onto cut sides of each steak/fillet (not skin); let salmon rest 5 minutes before cooking.
- Heat grill or broiler/oven to medium-high heat. Brush grill surface with canola oil or coat broiling pan with cooking spray. Grill or broil 8 to 9 minutes, turning once during cooking. Cook just until fish is lightly translucent in the center – it will finish cooking from retained heat. Remove from the oven or grill and let rest a few minutes before serving. Serve with lemon wedges.
Nutrients per serving:
212 calories, 9g total fat, 2g saturated fat, 39% calories from fat, 105mg cholesterol, 29g protein, 3g carbohydrate, .5g fiber, 683mg sodium, 34mg calcium and 1000mg omega-3 fatty acids.