Mediterranean Grilled Salmon
Adapted from a recipe by Mayo Clinic staff
1/4 cup pine nuts, lightly pan-toasted
4 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1 tablespoon minced garlic or organic garlic granules
2 tablespoon lemon juice
Organic extra virgin olive or macadamia nut oil
4 (6 oz) wild silver salmon fillet portions
Organic coarse ground black pepper, to taste
4 green olives, chopped
2 small tomatoes, diced
1/2 cup fresh feta or goat cheese, crumbled
Toast pine nuts in a pan until just golden brown, and no longer. Set aside.
- Prepare a hot fire in a grill (or heat a broiler after mixing the herbs and lemon juice).
- In a small bowl, combine the basil, parsley, minced garlic and lemon juice.
- Brush the fish with oil. Sprinkle with black pepper. Top each fillet with equal amounts of the basil-garlic mixture.
- Place the fish herb-side down on the grill or under a broiler. Grill or broil for 4 minutes, flip, and cook 3‒4 minutes, leaving a small pink spot in the middle to avoid overcooking.
- Remove the salmon to pre-warmed plates and cover for 3 minutes to finish self-cooking.
- Garnish with olives, pine nuts, and cheese.