In the Kitchen with Vital Choice
Recipes • Seafood How-To Videos • Recipe Videos • Storage & Cooking Tips
Chef Recipe Videos
Recipes by Category
using tanner crab meat
Maryland Crab Cakes
Makes 6 cakes.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning™ (or Vital Choice Organic Salmon marinade mix)
- 2 tablespoons biscuit baking mix
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound tanner crabmeat
- Vegetable oil for frying*
*Preferably ogranic oil, in order of preference: macadamia nut oil, extra virgin olive oil, hi-oleic sunflower oil, canola oil.
- Mix together Old Bay™ seasoning, baking mix, and parsley in a medium size mixing bowl.
- Stir mayonnaise, mustard, egg, and Worcestershire sauce into dry ingredients.
- Mix in crab meat gently. Form mixture into 6 to 8 balls.
- Heat 1 inch oil in a large, heavy bottomed skillet to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C).
- Place balls in pan, and flatten slightly with a spatula.
- Flip the crab cakes over after 3 minutes, or when the crab cake is browned on one side. Continue frying until done.
- Drain on paper towels.