In the Kitchen with Vital Choice
Recipes • Seafood How-To Videos • Recipe Videos • Storage & Cooking Tips
Chef Recipe Videos
Recipes by Category
We created this blend ourselves to enliven the fresh Salmon samples we cook and serve at health conferences and culinary gatherings… and it's been a huge hit!
People have found myriad uses for this tasty blend of certified organic herbs and spices, including vegetables, meats, poultry, soups, stews, lox, and eggs.
Vital Choice Organic Salmon Marinade mix comes in two versions: Regular and No Salt Added.
Both contain the same basic blend, including fennel seed, dill weed, black pepper, lemon peel, garlic, onion, and red pepper. And there isn't a trace of MSG, in any of its disguises.
Lemony Salmon with Potatoes and Beans
Another time, try this recipe with oranges or limes instead of lemons.
4 (6 oz) wild Alaska Salmon fillet portions
Organic extra virgin olive oil or organic macadamia nut oil
1 tablespoon Vital Choice Organic Salmon Marinade mix (optional)
24 oz small new potatoes, scrubbed
12 oz thin French green beans (haricot verts)
Sea salt and organic black pepper (delete the salt if you use our regular Salmon Marinade mix, which contain sea salt)
Chopped fresh parsley, to garnish.
- Place the Salmon fillets on a baking sheet, brushed lightly with oil.
- Finely grate the rind from 1 lemon and squeeze the juice. Pour the juice over the Salmon and scatter the rind on top. Sprinkle the Marinade mix herbs over the fillets, evenly. Finely slice half the remaining lemon and arrange the slices over the fish. Slice the rest of the lemon into wedges to serve with the fish.
- Cook the potatoes in lightly salted boiling water. When they have been cooking for 10 minutes, preheat the grill (or broiler).
- Grill or broil the Salmon for 6‒8 minutes, or until the flesh is opaque and flakes easily when tested with a fork. At the same time, steam the green beans for 7‒8 minutes, or simmer them in lightly salted water for 4‒5 minutes. Do not overcook!
- Test the potatoes for doneness, and remove if ready (i.e., penetrated easily by fork tines).
- Serve the Salmon fillets with the lemon wedges, potatoes, and green beans.