In the Kitchen with Vital Choice
Recipes • Seafood How-To Videos • Recipe Videos • Storage & Cooking Tips
Chef Recipe Videos
Recipes by Category
The cuisines of coastal cultures seem blessed with healthful ingredients and delightful flavors and textures. We offer this example for examination and enjoyment.
Lemony Halibut with Greens
We see this as a great spring or Easter dinner, thanks to the spring-like shallots, parsley, and greens.
Prep time 10 minutesServes 4
3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 Tablespoon water
1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
2 teaspoons chopped garlic
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon organic black pepper
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
4 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
3 shallots, thinly sliced
1/3 cup fish broth or clam juice
8 oz. Swiss chard, spinach or kale
1 can (15 oz.) cannellini or Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
Salt and pepper, to taste
4 halibut fillets (6 oz. each)
Vital Choice organic salmon marinade, to taste
- Mix lemon juice, water, parsley, garlic, salt, and pepper in blender or small food processor. With machine running, slowly pour in 1/2 cup olive oil. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper.
- In heavy nonstick skillet, sauté shallots in 2 tablespoons oil until lightly browned. Add broth. Stir in Swiss chard or greens until wilted. Stir in beans and heat through. Season to taste with salt and pepper; remove and keep warm.
- Rinse halibut fillets under cold water; pat dry with paper towel. Brush both sides of fillets with remaining oil. Place fillets in heated skillet and cook, uncovered, over medium-high heat about 3 minutes, until browned. Shake pan occasionally to keep fish from sticking.
- Turn fillets over and sprinkle with salmon marinade. Cover pan tightly and reduce heat to medium. Cook an additional 2 minutes. Cook just until fish is opaque throughout.
- To serve, spoon greens on dinner plate, top with halibut, and drizzle with dressing.
Nutrients per serving: 579 calories, 42g total fat, 6g saturated fat, 66% calories from fat, 101mg cholesterol, 30g protein, 19g carbohydrate, 5g fiber, 804mg sodium, 81 mg calcium and .8g omega-3 fatty acids.