In the Kitchen with Vital Choice
Recipes • Seafood How-To Videos • Recipe Videos • Storage & Cooking Tips
Chef Recipe Videos
Recipes by Category
Ounce of ounce, herbs and spices provide unequalled levels of antioxidants, making them perfect health-mates for the antioxidants, omega-3s and vitamin D in salmon.
Herb Crusted Wild Salmon
This easy, tasty recipe is adapted from one by “Katie” on her goodthingscatered blog… the cayenne is optional, of course!
4 (6 oz) wild Alaskan salmon portions
4 tablespoons organic extra virgin olive oil
8 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon tarragon, finely minced
1/2 teaspoon organic rosemary, finely minced
1/2 teaspoon parsley, finely chopped
1/4 teaspoon ground mustard seed
1/4 teaspoon organic cayenne pepper
2 small garlic cloves, minced (or 1 teaspoon organic garlic granules)
Sea salt and coarse ground organic pepper
- Heat heavy sauté pan over medium high heat and set broiler to low.
- Add olive oil to pan and swirl to coat.
- Add salmon (skin down, if using our silver salmon portions) to hot pan and cook for 2 minutes.
- Season top of steak with herbs, garlic, and salt and ground pepper.
- Flip salmon in pan and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove skin from bottom of salmon (if using our silver salmon portions) and discard.
- Add lemon juice to pan and swirl to coat.
- Put pan under broiler and cook 3‒4 minutes, until heated through and fork tender.
- Flip salmon in pan and swirl to pick up browned bits in pan halfway through.
- Remove pan from oven, flip and swirl on bottom of pan to pick up juices and transfer to plate.