In the Kitchen with Vital Choice
Recipes • Seafood How-To Videos • Recipe Videos • Storage & Cooking Tips
Chef Recipe Videos
Recipes by Category
This quick, easy recipe is a true crowd-pleaser — you can either broil the salmon indoors, or grill it when the weather permits.
And we offer three different toppings: Greek, Mediterranean, or Latin American.
Prep time 10 minutes; Cook time 20 minutes
Serves 4 to 6
- 1 whole wild Alaskan Sockeye Salmon fillet side (24-oz.), thawed
- Heavy-duty aluminum foil (18-inches wide)
- High-heat cooking spray
- Organic extra virgin olive oil
Seasoning or spread of choice:
- 1/2 cup each feta cheese and chopped Roma tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped olives
- 1 Tablespoon each chopped fresh oregano and thyme
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons each fresh lemon juice and olive oil
- 1 teaspoon each garlic salt and Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper or chili flakes
- 1/4 cup chopped herbs: choice of fresh dill, parsley, summer savory, chervil or lemon-thyme
- 2 green onions, chopped OR 2 Tablespoons chopped chives
Latin American seasoning
- 2 teaspoons each cumin and chili powder
- 1 teaspoon each coriander and salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each cinnamon, red pepper flakes and black pepper
- Heat grill or broiler to medium-high (400°F).
- Spray-coat dull side of aluminum foil (18-inch wide sheet, cut 4” longer than salmon side).
- Rinse thawed Alaska Salmon under cold water; pat dry with paper towel. Brush both sides of fish with oil and place on foil (skin side down). Bring long sides of foil together and fold over several times to seal; roll up short ends to form a packet.
- Place packet, seam side down, onto grill grate or broiler pan and cook 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove packet from grill or broiler pan, open, and add seasoning of choice (below). Crimp loosely to close, and return to grill (seam side up).
- Cook an additional 4 to 5 minutes, just until fish is opaque throughout.