In the Kitchen with Vital Choice
Recipes • Seafood How-To Videos • Recipe Videos • Storage & Cooking Tips
Chef Recipe Videos
Recipes by Category
This salmon recipe crosses the seasons, with spring-like greens and dill, summery blueberries and feta, and autumnal sweet potatoes.
- Mix balsamic vinegar with (or without) brown sugar or honey in a saucepan, bring to a boil and reduce to a low simmer, and cook until thick but easily pourable, about 10 minutes.
- Let it cool completely before serving.
- In a medium bowl, toss the sweet potatoes with the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Spread evenly on the prepared baking sheet and bake until tender and browned, turning occasionally, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Once the sweet potatoes are cooked, remove them from the oven and heat the oven to broil. Spray another baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar, mustard, hot sauce (optional) and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Arrange the salmon pieces on the prepared pan and spread the brown sugar mixture over the top of each piece.
- Cook the salmon 4 inches from the broiler for 2 minutes, or until browned and cooked to the desired level. Or, grill over hot coals for 4 to 6 minutes, until just done. (It should still be slightly pink in the center. Cover to self-cook for a few minutes.)
- Arrange 1 cup of greens on each serving plate. Top with a piece of salmon.
- Divide the roasted sweet potatoes among the plates, along with the blueberries.
- Drizzle the dish with balsamic glaze and sprinkle with feta and fresh dill.