Enjoy this easy recipe from nutritionist Leanne Ely, CNC, creator of the acclaimed the Saving Dinner menu-mailer service and author of six books.
She's probably best-known for her great Saving Dinner books and The New York Times bestseller, Body Clutter.
As Leanne wrote, “You don’t want to be eating farm-raised shrimp … especially foreign farm-raised shrimp."
Garlic Lime Prawn/Shrimp Skewers
Do-ahead Tip: Marinate shrimp for at least 30 minutes prior to grilling.
If using bamboo skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes prior to grilling or broiling (to prevent burning).
3 cloves garlic, pressed
2 tablespoons water sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 1/2 pounds spot prawns
or shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Zest (finely grate the rind) three of the 5 limes into a large bowl.
- Next, juice the same 3 limes into the same bowl; add the garlic, oil, water, salt, pepper and shrimp; toss well. Cover and refrigerate for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat outdoor or indoor grill or oven broiler. If you are using metal skewers, give them a quick coat of olive oil to keep the shrimp from sticking.
- Remove shrimp from marinade and thread 4 or 5 onto each skewer. Grill/broil shrimp for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until they turn bright pink.
- Cut remaining limes into wedges. Serve shrimp skewers sprinkled with chopped parsley and garnished with lime wedges.
Nutrition per serving: 255 Calories; 8g Fat; 35g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 259mg Cholesterol; 301mg Sodium.
Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 1 Fat. Points: 6
Check out these customer favorites