In the Kitchen with Vital Choice
Recipes • Seafood How-To Videos • Recipe Videos • Storage & Cooking Tips
Chef Recipe Videos
Recipes by Category
Enjoy this easy recipe from nutritionist Leanne Ely, CNC, creator of the acclaimed the Saving Dinner menu-mailer service and author of six books.
- Zest (finely grate the rind) three of the 5 limes into a large bowl.
- Next, juice the same 3 limes into the same bowl; add the garlic, oil, water, salt, pepper and shrimp; toss well. Cover and refrigerate for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat outdoor or indoor grill or oven broiler. If you are using metal skewers, give them a quick coat of olive oil to keep the shrimp from sticking.
- Remove shrimp from marinade and thread 4 or 5 onto each skewer. Grill/broil shrimp for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until they turn bright pink.
- Cut remaining limes into wedges. Serve shrimp skewers sprinkled with chopped parsley and garnished with lime wedges.