In the Kitchen with Vital Choice
Recipes • Seafood How-To Videos • Recipe Videos • Storage & Cooking Tips
Chef Recipe Videos
Recipes by Category
Two recipes perfect for barbecue dinners... an eastern-directed salmon entree, and a side of salmon potato salad.
Curry Grilled Salmon
This vibrant recipe comes to us courtesy of Alaska fisherman Dennis Shervey of Point Baker
4 sheets (12 x 18 inches each) heavy duty aluminum foil
1 teaspoon curry powder
1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 small onion
1/2 cup seeded and diced Roma tomato*
4 ( 6 oz each) Vital Choice salmon fillets
- Center an Alaska salmon fillet on each of the foil sheets.
- In small bowl, combine curry powder, lemon pepper, salt and garlic powder. Sprinkle mixture evenly over salmon steaks/fillets.
- Slice onion into 8 rings and arrange two rings over each fillet. Spoon tomatoes over onion rings.
- Wrap and seal foil to form four packets.
- Cook, on medium hot grill, about 6 to 8 minutes per inch of thickness; do not overcook.
*Dried thyme leaves may be substituted for tomatoes.