In the Kitchen with Vital Choice
Recipes • Seafood How-To Videos • Recipe Videos • Storage & Cooking Tips
Chef Recipe Videos
Recipes by Category
Serves 6-8 people
- 1 Vital Choice Ahi Tuna Poke Kit
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce*, shoyu, or tamari
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
*Lower sodium alternative: Replace regular soy sauce with low-sodium soy sauce, liquid aminos, or coconut aminos.
For more depth or heat, add any of the following ingredients to taste: Mirin, Vietnamese fish sauce, grated fresh ginger, mashed garlic, wasabi paste, sriracha, red pepper flakes, or chili paste with mayonnaise.
- Thaw the packaged fish in the refrigerator overnight, or immerse the frozen package in cool water for 20-30 minutes until pliable. Once thawed, remove the fish from the package and drain in a colander to remove excess liquid.
- In a medium mixing bowl, toss together the fish and the sesame oil. To achieve your desired flavor intensity, add the soy sauce and seasoning a little at a time, tasting as you go.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 15 minutes, up to 2 hours.