This easy, luscious salad recipe comes to us from famed Seattle chef Tom Douglas.
Tom co-produced a compelling, engaging film – called "The Breach
” – about the wonders of wild Pacific salmon, and the struggle to save them, and Chef Douglas also appears in the documentary.
Wild Alaskan Sockeye Salad with Bibb Lettuce, Tomatoes and Yogurt/Dill Dressing
10 leaves Bibb lettuce, ripped
2 tomatoes, quartered
2 tablespoons plain (or plain Greek) yogurt
1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
2 sprigs fresh dill, chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
Grated lemon zest, to taste
4 medium boiled eggs (8 minutes)
- Boil 4 eggs for 8 minutes. Remove from heat and bathe in cold water.
- Rip Bibb lettuce and arrange on plate.
- Quarter the 2 tomatoes and arrange on plate.
- In a small bowl, mix the yogurt, lemon juice, dill, salt, pepper and lemon zest.
- Peel the eggs and quarter, arrange on the plate.
- Place the salmon on the center of the plate and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
- Garnish the salmon with the sprig of dill and serve.
Check out these customer favorites