In the Kitchen with Vital Choice
Recipes • Seafood How-To Videos • Recipe Videos • Storage & Cooking Tips
Chef Recipe Videos
Recipes by Category
- 1 Tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 Tablespoon minced shallot
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup organic extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 medium fennel bulb, sliced thinly crosswise
- 4 oranges, peeled and supremed
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Pinch of sugar
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 (6 oz.each) wild Mahi Mahi, Cod or Halibut
- Blackened seasoning or Creole Seasoning, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped chives
- Small sprigs from 1 fresh dill branch
- Place all vinaigrette ingredients into a bowl, whisk together until well mixed; set aside.
- For the salad, place the fennel, oranges, vinaigrette, cayenne pepper and sugar into a medium bowl. Toss gently, then season with salt and pepper.
- Season the fish with blackened seasoning to taste.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the fish and cook 3 to 5 minutes on each side until bronze in color and opaque throughout.
- On each of 6 plates, place a piece of fish. Top fish with one-sixth of the salad mixture. Garnish with chives and dill.