In the Kitchen with Vital Choice
Recipes • Seafood How-To Videos • Recipe Videos • Storage & Cooking Tips
Chef Recipe Videos
Recipes by Category
Either of our light, luscious Alaskan white fish—Cod or Halibut—will work equally well in this recipe.
Vital Choice Alaskan Halibut and Cod are both certified sustainable by MSC. Because halibut toughens and accumulates impurities as it grows large, ours is harvested at a small size, when it's especially pure and tender.
To keep the Mexican theme going, serve this saucy fish with rice and beans, plus a green vegetable or salad… or serve the saucy fish in tacos with rice, beans, and shredded lettuce.
Prep time 25 minutes - Cook time 8 minutes - Serves 4
- 4 (6 oz each) Alaskan Halibut or Alaskan Cod fillets
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon organic extra virgin olive oil or organic macadamia nut oil Sea salt and organic coarse ground black pepper
- If you are grilling the fish, prepare the coals and oil the grate. If you are broiling the fish, brush a broiler pan lightly with oil or butter.
- Brush the fish with 1 1/2 tablespoons of the lime juice, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and set aside for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make the sauce, melt the butter with the oil in a small saucepan or skillet over low heat. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Add the cilantro and remaining lime juice and stir for 1 minute. Remove from heat and cover.
- Place fish on pre-heated grill over a medium high fire OR under a broiler. Grill or broil until just opaque in the center and flakey, about 4‒5 minutes per side. Baste once with the oil-butter-cilantro-lime sauce, one minute before the end of cooking.
- Remove the fillets to a serving plate, pour the remaining sauce over them, and serve.