1/2 cup brandy (preferably Spanish)
10 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced lengthwise
1 to 3 teaspoon freshly cracked peppercorn medley (red, green and black peppercorns), to taste
1 to 3 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
1 teaspoon organic garlic granules, or to taste
1 teaspoon sea salt
2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
1 cup large Spanish olives, drained
Additional parsley for garnish, if desired
1 loaf of warmed crusty bread such as sourdough or baguette
1. Combine the brandy, olive oil, garlic cloves, pepper, red pepper flakes, garlic granules, sea salt and parsley in a large skillet or Dutch oven.
2. Cut crab legs (or halibut portions) into smaller sections with a large knife, if desired.
3. Add crab (or halibut) to the oil mixture and cover pan tightly. Over low heat, bring the crab (or halibut) to a slow simmer. Cook crab for 2 to 3 minutes, or halibut for 5 to 6 minutes.
4. Turn the crab (or halibut) over, add the olives, cover and continue to simmer 2 to 3 minutes (if using crab) or 3 to 4 minutes (if using halibut). Remove from heat and allow the crab (or halibut) to rest, covered, until just warm, about 5 minutes.
5. Transfer to a large bowl and garnish with additional parsley, if desired. Serve crusty bread for dipping.