In the Kitchen with Vital Choice
Recipes • Seafood How-To Videos • Recipe Videos • Storage & Cooking Tips
Chef Recipe Videos
Recipes by Category
1/2 cup roasted red bell pepper
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
1 tablespoon arrowroot* or kuzu root* powder (cornstarch if necessary)
1/4 to 1/2 whole jalapeño pepper, chopped
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1 cup chicken broth
1 pound potato gnocchi (dumplings) or 4 cups cooked whole-wheat orzo
4 skinless-boneless Alaska Salmon fillets (6 oz each), thawed
1 Tablespoon organic extra virgin olive or macadamia nut oil
1 teaspoon Vital Choice Organic Salmon Marinade seasoning mix or lemon-pepper seasoning
*sold in natural food and Asian markets
- In blender, puree red peppers, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, arrowroot* or kuzu root, jalapeño, and garlic. Blend in cilantro and chicken broth. In a small saucepan, cook and stir pepper sauce over high heat until boiling. Reduce heat; cover and keep warm.
- Cook gnocchi according to package directions; keep warm.
- Rinse Alaska Salmon under cold water; pat dry with paper towel. Heat a heavy nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Brush both sides of salmon with oil. Place salmon in heated skillet and cook, uncovered, about 3 to 4 minutes, until browned. Shake pan occasionally to keep fish from sticking.
- Turn salmon over and sprinkle with seasoning. Cover pan tightly and reduce heat to medium. Cook an additional 3 to 4 minutes, just until fish is opaque throughout.
- To serve, add 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese to gnocchi. Portion 1 cup gnocchi onto each serving plate; drizzle with sauce. Top with salmon and drizzle with remaining sauce.
Nutrients per serving: 482 calories, 23 g total fat, 10 g saturated fat, 44% calories from fat, 142 mg cholesterol, 42 g protein, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 799 mg sodium, 330 mg calcium, and 1.4 g omega-3 fatty acids.