Wild Shrimp Burgers
four 4 oz burgers per box |
Vital Choice Shrimp Burgers feature our tasty, sustainably harvested, Fair Trade Certified Wild Artisan Blue Shrimp. They’re great on a bun or atop a salad, cook from frozen in minutes, and are filler-free — we add only sesame oil and seasonings for fully satisfying flavor!
Vital Choice Guarantee: We'll replace your product or refund your money if you're not satisfied.
- Fair Trade USA™ certified Shrimp
- Sustainably harvested shrimp*
- Uncooked - Cooks from frozen in minutes
- Individually vacuum-sealed patties
- Product of Mexico
*Burgers may contain small fragments of shrimp shell.
Vital Choice Shrimp Burgers feature our superbly tasty, sustainably harvested, Fair Trade Certified Wild Artisan Blue Shrimp.
We season our burgers with sesame oil, to imbue them with nutty flavor notes, plus pinches of sea salt, pepper, and garlic.
There are no fillers or binders — shrimp are naturally rich in gelatin, which keeps the burgers whole and firm before and after cooking.
By choosing our Wild Shrimp Burgers, you support worker empowerment, local economic development, social responsibility, and environmental stewardship. To learn more, read on.
About the shrimp in our burgers
Our Artisan Blue Shrimp are hand-harvested from small, single-person boats in Mexico’s Gulf of California.
Instead of big trawlers, the fishery features small boats called pangas that meander through coastal lagoons in the Gulf of California.
The fishermen — who belong to local co-ops — employ an artisanal, highly selective harvest technique called suripera, which relies on tides and wind to drift the boats and their hand-cast shrimp nets.
This technique has the lowest bycatch and fuel consumption per pound of seafood in the world — and this is the only shrimp fishery in the world certified as fair trade (see “Fair Trade certified”, below).
Because of the panga boats’ limited range and storage, they off-load shrimp within hours of harvest, to be rushed to a state-of-the-art processing and freezing facility.
The shrimp are cleaned, frozen, and shipped to us within a few hours of capture, providing you with what may be the finest, most sustainably produced shrimp in the world!
And, by selecting these spectacular shrimp, you’re supporting sustainable seafood — as well as conscientious fishing families and communities!
Fair Trade Certified
The fishery supplying our Mexican Blue Shrimp received Fair Trade USA™ certification in 2016 — the first shrimp fishery in the world awarded that high honor.
The Sinaloa-based fishery — based in the red regions on the map at left — was found to meet the rigorous requirements of Fair Trade USA’s “capture fisheries” standard.
To earn certification, the producers had to meet criteria designed to promote worker empowerment, local economic development, social responsibility and environmental stewardship.
Upon meeting those high standards, it became the world's first fair-trade-certified shrimp fishery.
By selecting Fair Trade shrimp, you help fishermen earn enough to invest in projects that support the local ecosystem, and the communities that provide our amazing shrimp.
Average Ratings: 3Write a Review
Read more reviews >
*Shrimp (Litopenaeus stylirostris), sesame oil, sea salt, black pepper, garlic.
*Fair Trade Certified™ by Fair Trade USA. 95% Fair Trade ingredients.
Calcium 55mg • 4%
Iron 1mg • 6%
Potassium 265mg • 6%
*Contains crustacean shellfish (Shrimp)
Keep frozen at or below 0° F (-18° C).
Wild Shrimp Burgers should retain their quality for 2 years IF the vacuum seal around each individual burger remains intact.
However, we recommend cooking and consuming your Wild Shrimp Burgers within 6 months, while burgers stored in frost-free freezers should be used within 3 months.
No need to thaw. Keep frozen until use.
Or if thawed, reduce cooking time. Thaw in refrigerator overnight and use within 24 hours.
Individually vacuum-packed patties go from freezer to skillet without needing to thaw.
If thawed first, Reduce cooking time. Do NOT overcook. Cook to an internal temp of 145˚F.
- Pre-heat a skillet on medium heat, melt 1 teaspoon butter, extra virgin olive oil, or virgin coconut oil.
- Add frozen patties & cook 3-4 minutes per side, covered during second half - just until golden brown.
- Let rest, covered, 1-2 minutes. An instant-read thermometer should register 145˚F.
- Do not overcook. Overcooked burgers will be chewy.
- Preheat grill on medium heat.
- Brush frozen patties with melted butter, olive oil, or coconut oil.
- Place patties on the grill, close cover, reduce heat to low, and cook 4-5 minutes per side just until golden brown.
- An instant-read thermometer should register 145˚F.
- Do not overcook. Overcooked burgers will be chewy.
Frozen foods are packed with dry ice
and ship Monday through Wednesday (except holidays).
Frozen foods ship via 2nd Day Air service or 1-3 Day Express Ground service, depending on shipping date and destination.
Standard Shipping Fees
- Up to $49.99 = $6.95 shipping
- $50 - $98.99 = $12.95 shipping
- $99 and over = FREE shipping
Overnight shipping and other premium services cost extra; for more information, see our Shipping page. (Live shellfish ship overnight at no extra cost.)
- We cannot ship perishable goods to PO boxes.
- Free standard shipping applies to all orders of $99 or more sent to any U.S. street address.
- Perishable shipments to Alaska and Hawaii are subject to surcharges; please see our Shipping page.
When will my frozen foods arrive?
- Orders placed Saturday, Sunday, Monday, or before 10 AM Tuesday will ship on Tuesday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
- Orders placed between 10 AM Tuesday and 10 AM Wednesday will ship on Wednesday* to arrive 1-2 days later.
- Orders placed after 10 AM on Wednesday through 12:00 midnight Friday will ship on Monday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
*Except when a holiday falls on the designated shipping day.
For more information, see our Shipping page.