Tapatio x Vital Choice
Grilled Wild Salmon Taco Kit |
Turn taco night on its head with wild Alaskan sockeye salmon and the zesty flavor of Tapatio. A marriage made in taco heaven, this combo spotlights our flagship salmon and Tapatio Picante Seasoning, and includes our recipe for grilled salmon tacos and spicy slaw. While supplies last!
Vital Choice Guarantee: We'll replace your product or refund your money if you're not satisfied.
Turn taco night on its head with wild Alaskan sockeye salmon and the zesty flavor of Tapatio.
What's included in the box:
- Wild Alaskan Sockeye Salmon – four 4 oz portions, skinless, boneless
- Tapatio Picante Seasoning – 3 oz shaker bottle
- Recipe Card
About Tapatio Picante Seasoning
- Savory blend of Mexican herbs and spices
- The familiar taste of Tapatio Hot Sauce in a dry spice rub
- Use as a spice rub, marinade, or everyday seasoning
- No MSG, wheat, soy, nuts, or dairy
- Product of USA
Give your favorite dishes an extra kick with Tapatio Picante Seasoning! Our unique spice blend brings all the flavor of your favorite Mexican hot sauce in a versatile dry seasoning blend. Don't be shy, sprinkle it on everything! Because Tapatio dry seasoning is based on 45 years of Original Tapatio Hot Sauce expertise, you know it's a taste you can trust. Put some spice on it!
About Vital Choice Wild Alaskan Sockeye Salmon
- Certified Kosher (EarthK). Approved for Passover.
- Top-grade wild Alaskan Sockeye
- Individually flash-frozen portions
- Sustainably harvested
Each species of wild salmon features its own characteristic flavor and texture, and has its admirers. But our most popular salmon features a deep, rich flavor that many Alaskans consider the "truest" salmon taste. This fabulously healthful fish abounds in omega-3s, vitamin D, and more.
Tapatio Picante Seasoning: sea salt, red pepper, garlic, vinegar powder, spices, citric acid, sodium diacetate, extractives of paprika, silicon dioxide to prevent caking.
Keep frozen at or below 0° F (-18° C). Vacuum-sealed fish held under these conditions should retain its quality for at least six to 12 months. Shellfish and lean white fish (halibut, cod) generally have a longer freezer life than fatty fish (salmon, tuna, sablefish).
NOTE: Seafood stored in frost-free freezers should be used within 3 months.
Salmon Thawing instructions
Thaw under refrigeration at or below 38 degrees Fahrenheit (3 degrees Celsius). Before thawing, puncture or remove packaging.
For quick-thawing, place frozen package in cool water for approximately 20 to 30 minutes, just until contents are flexible.
Once thawed, immediately cook or refrigerate (if refrigerating, puncture package). Prior to cooking, do not allow fish to reach temperatures above 38 degrees Fahrenheit (3 degrees Celsius).
Salmon Cooking and serving tips
- Rinse fish quickly in cold, clean water.
- Cook in a medium-hot lightly oiled pan, under a broiler, or on the grill for 7-8 minutes, until only the very center is still translucent.
- Remove fish from heat and let it “self-cook” another two to three minutes, until just cooked through to center before serving.
- NOTE: It is perfectly safe and healthful to serve our fish raw or partly cooked, because flash-freezing has rendered it 100% sushi-safe.
- Enliven your fish entree with seasonings such as Vital Choice Organic Salmon Marinade Mix or other herb-spice blends.
- Add the seasonings of your choice to a little olive oil and marinate the fish, refrigerated, for 30-60 minutes or overnight. Or, simply mist fish lightly with olive oil or macadamia nut oil and dust with seasonings before cooking.
Frozen foods are packed with dry ice
and ship Monday through Wednesday (except holidays).
Frozen foods ship via 2nd Day Air service or 1-3 Day Express Ground service, depending on shipping date and destination.
Standard Shipping Fees
- Up to $49.99 = $6.95 shipping
- $50 - $98.99 = $12.95 shipping
- $99 and over = FREE shipping
Overnight shipping and other premium services cost extra; for more information, see our Shipping page. (Live shellfish ship overnight at no extra cost.)
- We cannot ship perishable goods to PO boxes.
- Free standard shipping applies to all orders of $99 or more sent to any U.S. street address.
- Perishable shipments to Alaska and Hawaii are subject to surcharges; please see our Shipping page.
When will my frozen foods arrive?
- Orders placed Saturday, Sunday, Monday, or before 10 AM Tuesday will ship on Tuesday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
- Orders placed between 10 AM Tuesday and 10 AM Wednesday will ship on Wednesday* to arrive 1-2 days later.
- Orders placed after 10 AM on Wednesday through 12:00 midnight Friday will ship on Monday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
*Except when a holiday falls on the designated shipping day.
For more information, see our Shipping page.