Sockeye Salmon Poke Kit
salmon & seasoning: four servings in 1 lb bag
Say “aloha” (hello) to our Salmon Poke Kit, and bid “aloha” (goodbye) to meal planning!
Poke (poh-keh) is a raw fish "salad" you can serve quickly and easily as an appetizer or main dish.
You can serve our Sockeye Salmon Poke either as an appetizer, or as a main dish with rice or salad and your choice of toppings.
Vital Choice Guarantee: We'll replace your product or refund your money if you're not satisfied.
- Sushi-grade fish
- Cubed sockeye salmon – 1 lb.
- Organic Hawaiian seasoning blend
- Recipe card with prep/serving tips
- No artificial preservatives or additives
- Wild Alaskan salmon is certified sustainable by the State of Alaska, and is rated Green by the MBA’s Seafood Watch
Poke (poh-keh) is a seriously tasty dish that's quick, healthy, and quintessentially Hawaiian.
You can serve our Sockeye Salmon Poke either as an appetizer, or as a main dish with rice or noodles and your choice of toppings.
Our Poke Kits feature sparkling pure wild Alaskan sockeye salmon, plus organic seasonings for fabulous, authentically Hawaiian flavor.
Just dress* the chopped salmon with our Hawaiian seasoning, add soy sauce, sesame oil, and any raw veggies you wish, then serve over rice, noodles, or greens.
As people say in the Islands before sharing some fresh poke, “e ‘ai kākou”, or “let’s eat”!
*Our Kit provides a generous amount of Hawaiian seasoning, which contains salt. We suggest you add half the seasoning packet and 1/2 tablespoon of soy sauce (the recipe card calls for 1 tablespoon) and then taste-test the result before adding more of either.
About our sushi-safe, sustainable wild Alaskan salmon
Our sustainably harvested sockeye salmon comes from small-scale Alaskan fisheries.
The salmon is flash frozen at or below -4°F (-20°C), which ensures that it’s perfectly safe to serve raw as poke, sushi, or ceviche.
Average Ratings: 5Write a Review
Read more reviews >
Cubed Fish: Wild Alaskan Sockeye salmon
Seasoning blend: *black & white sesame seeds,*dried seaweed (a blend of dulse, nori & sea lettuce), Hawaiian Alaea sea salt, dried scallions, *crushed red chili.
Calcium 30mg • 2%
Iron 7mg • 40%
Potassium 550mg • 10%
Total Omega 3: 1300mg
* see servings/care tab for full preparation instruction & lower sodium options.
To ensure our fish is safe to serve raw, it is flash-frozen within hours of catch, vacuum packed, and shipped on dry ice.
Keep frozen until ready to thaw* for use.
The frozen salmon will retain its quality for up to 18 months if frozen at 0°F or lower, but we recommend using it within 12 months.
*Thaw the packaged fish in the refrigerator overnight, or immerse the frozen package in cool water for 20-30 minutes until pliable. Once thawed, remove the fish from the package and drain in a colander to remove excess liquid.
Basic Poke Recipe
- 1 Vital Choice Poke Kit
- 1 tablespoon shoyu, tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- Thaw the fish in the refrigerator overnight, or immerse the un-opened vacuum package in cool water for 20-30 minutes until pliable. Once thawed, remove the fish from the package and drain in a colander to remove excess liquid.
- In a medium mixing bowl, toss together the fish and the sesame oil. To achieve your desired flavor intensity, add the soy sauce and seasoning a little at a time, tasting as you go.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 15 minutes, up to 2 hours.
- To reduce the sodium content, use a low-sodium soy sauce, liquid aminos, or coconut aminos.
- For a richer, spicier dish, try adding Vietnamese fish sauce, sweet mirin, minced fresh garlic, grated fresh ginger, wasabi paste, sriracha, red pepper flakes, or chili paste with a touch of canola or olive oil mayonnaise.
Poke Bowl Recipe
1 batch of basic poke (recipe above)
4 cups cooked sushi rice*
- Prepare a batch of basic poke.
- Cook the rice per the instructions on the package.
- Divide the hot rice between four bowls.
- Spoon a mound of the chilled fish mixture in each bowl of steaming rice.
- Add desired toppings*.
*You can use short-grain white “sushi” rice — which is traditional — or long-grain (white, brown, or purple) rice.
*Popular toppings: chopped yellow onion, thinly-sliced green onion, chopped avocado, sliced cherry tomatoes, sliced English cucumber, daikon radish sprouts, wakame seaweed salad, kimchi, pickled ginger, sliced jalapeño, sliced and fried shallots, toasted and chopped macadamia nuts.
Frozen foods are packed with dry ice
and ship Monday through Wednesday (except holidays).
Frozen foods ship via 2nd Day Air service or 1-3 Day Express Ground service, depending on shipping date and destination.
Standard Shipping Fees
- Up to $49.99 = $4.95 shipping
- $50 - $98.99 = $9.95 shipping
- $99 and over = FREE shipping
Overnight shipping and other premium services cost extra; for more information, see our Shipping page. (Live shellfish ship overnight at no extra cost.)
- We cannot ship perishable goods to PO boxes.
- Free standard shipping applies to all orders of $99 or more sent to any U.S. street address.
- Perishable shipments to Alaska and Hawaii are subject to surcharges; please see our Shipping page.
When will my frozen foods arrive?
- Orders placed Saturday, Sunday, Monday, or before 10 AM Tuesday will ship on Tuesday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
- Orders placed between 10 AM Tuesday and 10 AM Wednesday will ship on Wednesday* to arrive 1-2 days later.
- Orders placed after 10 AM on Wednesday through 12:00 midnight Friday will ship on Monday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
*Except when a holiday falls on the designated shipping day.
For more information, see our Shipping page.