Pastured-Pork Breakfast Sausage
12 oz pkg, perfect for patties | Product #FPP201
Paleo-friendly Breakfast Sausage from pigs raised humanely, without drugs, that forage freely on nutritionally rich, chemical-free pasture. No added sugars, no nitrates, nothing artificial.
Due to demand, this product is temporarily out of stock. Sign up for our waitlist and be the first to know when it’s back!
Out of Stock
Vital Choice Guarantee: We'll replace your product or refund your money if you're not satisfied.
on orders over $99
Savor a truly superior pork Breakfast Sausage, seasoned perfectly with salt, pepper, and sage!
Our Breakfast Sausage comes in a single 12-oz. portion. Simply thaw it overnight in the fridge, and then hand-form the meat into patties sized to suit your preference.
It comes from heritage-breed pigs raised naturally and humanely, on nutritionally rich, chemical-free pasture.
In sad contrast, most pigs live confined on factory farms, where they’re fed all-grain diets, antibiotics, and growth-promoters (beta agonists) proven to harm many animals.
Read on to learn more about our pork's exceptional family-farm providers, humane treatment, and superior nutrition profile, featuring a far healthier ratio of omega-3 to omega-6 fats.
Leaders in humane pig husbandry
The pure, delicious pork we’re proud to offer is the savory fruit of a vision.
That holistic vision is what drives ninth-generation farmer John Arbuckle and his wife Holly, the co-founders of Missouri’s Singing Prairie Farms.
John — a self-described “pork nerd” — has become a leader in the campaign to simultaneously raise the quality of pigs’ lives and the nutritional and health quality of pork.
The Arbuckles practice rotational foraging — a traditional way that works several wonders:
- Enhances pork’s nutritional quality
- Enriches soil fertility and resiliency
- Protects water purity in local streams
- Preserves and expands wildlife habitat
Holly and John raise their pigs humanely, without drugs, and let them forage freely on pure, rich, pasture.
They farm naturally without agri-chemicals, sow their fields with diverse, pig-friendly plants, and practice rotational grazing to enrich the soil.
The pigs eat copious amounts of grassy pasture, and to meet their full nutritional needs, they’re also given food scraps, fruits and vegetables, waste dairy prodicts, and eggs. As needed seasonally, the animals’ pasture diet is supplemented with non-GMO whole grain.
The Arbuckles strive to continually raise the proportion of forage in their animals’ diet and minimize the amount of grain, which is already comparatively small.
As you’d expect, the Arbuckles shun pesticides, synthetic fertilizers, antibiotic feed additives, GMOs, and the growth-promoting drugs (beta agonists) commonly used on factory pig farms.
As a result, pork products from Singing Prairie Farms are nutritionally superior and free of drug residues — and the animals live healthier, happier lives!
Superior nutrition profile
Compared with their grain-fed counterparts, pasture-raised pigs provide more omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin E, beta-carotene, vitamin C, and vitamin D.
Pasture-fed pigs also deliver fewer omega-6 fatty acids, which predominate in the standard American diet to highly unhealthful effect.
Lab tests commissioned in 2017 by Singing Prairie Farms confirmed that the general picture of pasture-raised meat — higher in omega-3s and lower in omega-6s — applies to their pork.
They sent samples of meat from three test groups. The pigs in each group were raised on pasture, but were allowed differing amounts of supplemental grain:
- Unlimited grain: This group were allowed all the grain they could eat — which is not normal Singing Prairie practice.
- Limited-grain: This group got one-half the usual grain allotment for Singing Prairie pigs, and instead were fed mixtures of pasture plants.
- Zero grain: These pigs got no supplemental grain and fed exclusively on pasture and cover crops, plus some organic milk powder and sea salt.
Meat harvested from each group was lab-tested for omega-3 and omega-6 fats.
Singing Prairie also tested standard supermarket pork chops — almost certainly produced on a no-pasture, grain-heavy diet — to provide a comparison.
These were the resulting ratios of omega-6 to omega-3 fats:
- No-grain group — 5:1
- Limited-grain group — 10:1
- Unlimited-grain group — 14:1
- Standard grain-fed pork — 30:1
Versus standard, grain-fed pork, the omega-6:3 fat ratios produced by every variation in the feed regimen of pasture-raised Singing Prairie pork look a lot lower/healthier:
- No-grain group — Vastly lower/healthier 6:3 ratio
- Limited-grain group — Dramatically lower/healthier 6:3 ratio
- Unlimited-grain group — Substantially lower/healthier 6:3 ratio
Average Ratings: 5
Read more reviews >
Pork, water sea salt, pepper, sage.
Calcium - 11mg 0%
Iron - .85mg 4%
Potassium - 241mg 6%
(serving size / nutritional data represents uncooked product)
Serving & Storage:
- Keep refrigerated or frozen.
- Thaw in refrigerator or microwave.
- Keep uncooked meat separate from other foods.
- Wash working surfaces (including cutting boards), utensils, and hands after touching raw pork.
Cook your bratwurst by any method — broil, roast, pan-fry, grill, boil — until cooked through to the center.
Singing Prairie Farm Bratwurst contains a touch of spice, and is delicious served alone.Or, serve our sausage at breakfast with eggs to make a deeply satisfying, nourishing morning meal.
Frozen foods are packed with dry ice
and ship Monday through Wednesday (except holidays).
Frozen foods ship via 2nd Day Air service or 1-3 Day Express Ground service, depending on shipping date and destination.
Standard Shipping Fees
- Up to $49.99 = $6.95 shipping
- $50 - $98.99 = $12.95 shipping
- $99 and over = FREE shipping
Overnight shipping and other premium services cost extra; for more information, see our Shipping page. (Live shellfish ship overnight at no extra cost.)
- We cannot ship perishable goods to PO boxes.
- Free standard shipping applies to all orders of $99 or more sent to any U.S. street address.
- Perishable shipments to Alaska and Hawaii are subject to surcharges; please see our Shipping page.
When will my frozen foods arrive?
- Orders placed Saturday, Sunday, Monday, or before 10 AM Tuesday will ship on Tuesday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
- Orders placed between 10 AM Tuesday and 10 AM Wednesday will ship on Wednesday* to arrive 1-2 days later.
- Orders placed after 10 AM on Wednesday through 12:00 midnight Friday will ship on Monday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
*Except when a holiday falls on the designated shipping day.
For more information, see our Shipping page.