Wild Mahi Mahi
6 oz portions, skinless/boneless |
Mahi mahi is a lean, mild, versatile white fish with a moderately firm texture that stands up to grilling.
Delicious when baked, broiled, grilled, or sautéed, mahi mahi is high in protein, low in calories, and a good source of vitamins B12 and B6, phosphorus, potassium, niacin, and selenium.
Vital Choice Guarantee: We'll replace your product or refund your money if you're not satisfied.
- Boneless, skinless
- Individually vacuum-packed
- Rated “Good Alternative” by Monterey Bay Aquarium’s Seafood Watch
- Supports fishery improvement projects (FIP)
- Product of Ecuador
Mahi mahi — a Hawaiian term meaning “very strong” — is a surface-dwelling ray-finned fish found offshore in temperate, tropical, and subtropical waters worldwide.
It's also called “dolphin” or “dolphinfish,” but mahi mahi (Coryphaena hippurus) is not related to the marine mammals called dolphins or porpoises.
An artisanal and sustainable fishery
Hand-caught by longline in the Pacific Ocean, our mahi mahi comes from a sustainable artisanal Ecuadorian fishery that’s part of a fishery improvement project (FIP) supported by the World Wildlife Federation (WWF), designed to help it achieve official sustainability certification from the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC).
Mahi mahi is high in protein, low in calories, and is a good source of vitamins B12 and B6, phosphorus, potassium, niacin, and selenium. And it offers significant amounts of omega-3 fatty acids, mostly in the form of DHA.
Average Ratings: 5Write a Review
Read more reviews >
Wild Mahi Mahi (Coryphaena hippurus)
Calcium 30mg • 2%
Iron 2mg • 10%
Total Omega-3 Fatty acids per serving: 200mg
Keep frozen at or below 0° F (-18° C). Vacuum-sealed fish held under these conditions should retain its quality for at least six to 12 months. Shellfish and lean white fish (halibut, cod) generally have a longer freezer life than fatty fish (salmon, tuna, sablefish).
NOTE: Seafood stored in frost-free freezers should be used within 3 months.
Thaw under refrigeration at or below 38 degrees Fahrenheit (3 degrees Celsius). Before thawing, puncture or remove packaging.
For quick-thawing, place frozen package in cool water for approximately 20 to 30 minutes, just until contents are flexible. Once thawed, immediately cook or refrigerate (if refrigerating, puncture package). Prior to cooking, do not allow fish to reach temperatures above 38 degrees Fahrenheit (3 degrees Celsius).
Cooking and serving tips
- Rinse fish quickly in cold, clean water.
- Cook in a medium-hot lightly oiled pan, under a broiler, or on the grill for 7-8 minutes, until only the very center is still translucent.
- Remove fish from heat and let it “self-cook” another two to three minutes, until just cooked through to center before serving.
- NOTE: It is perfectly safe and healthful to serve our fish raw or partly cooked, because flash-freezing has rendered it 100% sushi-safe.
- Enliven your fish entree with seasonings such as Vital Choice Organic Salmon Marinade Mix or other herb-spice blends.
- Add the seasonings of your choice to a little olive oil and marinate the fish, refrigerated, for 30-60 minutes or overnight. Or, simply mist fish lightly with olive oil or macadamia nut oil and dust with seasonings before cooking.
Frozen foods are packed with dry ice
and ship Monday through Wednesday (except holidays).
Frozen foods ship via 2nd Day Air service or 1-3 Day Express Ground service, depending on shipping date and destination.
Standard Shipping Fees
- Up to $49.99 = $6.95 shipping
- $50 - $98.99 = $12.95 shipping
- $99 and over = FREE shipping
Overnight shipping and other premium services cost extra; for more information, see our Shipping page. (Live shellfish ship overnight at no extra cost.)
- We cannot ship perishable goods to PO boxes.
- Free standard shipping applies to all orders of $99 or more sent to any U.S. street address.
- Perishable shipments to Alaska and Hawaii are subject to surcharges; please see our Shipping page.
When will my frozen foods arrive?
- Orders placed Saturday, Sunday, Monday, or before 10 AM Tuesday will ship on Tuesday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
- Orders placed between 10 AM Tuesday and 10 AM Wednesday will ship on Wednesday* to arrive 1-2 days later.
- Orders placed after 10 AM on Wednesday through 12:00 midnight Friday will ship on Monday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
*Except when a holiday falls on the designated shipping day.
For more information, see our Shipping page.