Macadamia Nut Oil
16.9 fl oz bottle, cold-pressed |
Macadamia Nut Oil is a top choice among nutritionists and its mild flavor makes it a versatile choice perfect for cooking, sauces, salads, and more.But macadamia oils of high quality are hard to find — we encountered many that failed the taste test before finding a great one.Our velvety smooth Macadamia Nut Oil features a wonderfully light, delicate flavor that brings out the natural goodness of favorite foods — especially fish — without overpowering them.
Vital Choice Guarantee: We'll replace your product or refund your money if you're not satisfied.
- Certified Kosher OU
- Cold-pressed, unrefined
- Product of Kenya
Health benefits of Macadamia Nut Oil
- Like olive oil–but unlike most cooking oils–macadamia oil is very rich in monounsaturated fat (oleic acid), which has a neutral effect on blood fats, and may enhance uptake of nutrients from vegetables.
- Macadamia oil is also very low in the omega-6 fatty acids in which American diets are overabundant ... an excess that promotes chronic inflammation.
These attributes make macadamia oil a smart alternative to the most commonly used and omega-6-heavy cooking oils: corn, soy, safflower, sunflower, cottonseed. (Note: Like olive and macadamia nut oils, special "hi-oleic" sunflower oil is high in monounsaturated fat and low in omega-6 fats.)
Learn this food's omega 3/6 balance, and why it matters.
Average Ratings: 5Write a Review
Read more reviews >
For optimal freshness, keep your Macadamia Nut Oil in a cool, dark place, and use it within four months of opening. Or, keep it in your refrigerator for up to one year. Chilled Macadamia Nut Oil will become cloudy, with no harm to its flavor or nutrition value.
- Macadamia Nut Oil has a somewhat higher "smoke point" than olive oil, but it is still best to limit its cooking use to temperatures of 400 degrees or less.
- Macadamia Oil makes delicious dressings and dips, and you can add it to dishes after they’ve been cooked.
- Macadamia Oil is great on salads or drizzled on bread and crackers.
- Its versatility even extends beyond the kitchen: should the occasion require, it makes a superior massage and moisturizing oil.
Non-perishable shipments to Washington State, Oregon, Idaho, and
Northern California may arrive faster, in 1 or 2 days.
Standard Shipping Fees
- Up to $49.99 = $4.95 shipping
- $50 - $98.99 = $9.95 shipping
- $99 and over = FREE shipping
address, including non-perishables sent to Alaska and Hawaii.
Overnight shipping and other premium services cost more; for
more information on this and all shipping topics, see our Shipping page.