Wild Pacific King Salmon
5 lbs, skin-on/boneless random portions |
Wild Pacific king (chinook) salmon is even higher in omega-3-rich oil than other salmon, making it the very richest available. These 5-lb random-weight packs are filled with especially rare Ivory and/or Marbled King Salmon.
Our king salmon is line-caught from small boats off Alaska or British Columbia, and flash-frozen within a day of capture.
Vital Choice Guarantee: We'll replace your product or refund your money if you're not satisfied.
- One of Randy's Picks
- Certified Kosher (EarthK)
- Line-caught for superior quality
- May include smaller tail sections
- Ivory and/or Marbled King Salmon*
- Sustainably harvested
- Product of USA or Canada
Wild Pacific king (chinook) salmon is higher in fat — and omega-3s — than other salmon, making it the very richest.
Our random-weight offering contains 5 lbs of skin-on, boneless portions of varying sizes and colors.
*Ivory King and Marbled King portions offer the same great flavor, texture, and omega-3 content as Red King Salmon.
Line-caught on small boats, our king salmon is immediately iced, and then flash-frozen within a day to preserve its fresh-caught quality.
Your package may include smaller tail sections, which cook more quickly and are ideal for smaller appetites.
King salmon nutrition
In addition to ample protein, King salmon provide three beneficial natural food factors in abundance per 6 oz portion, and will vary annually and by harvest location:
- Omega-3s – Provides six to 13 times more than the minimum daily EPA+DHA intake recommended by most world health authorities (250-500mg).
- Vitamin D3 – Provides one- to two-thirds of the child-to-adult US RDA (600 IU) ... more than almost all other fish, and far more than any fortified food.
- Astaxanthin – About 1.49 mg (red king). This red-orange pigment is a carotenoid-class nutrient with unique health benefits. Astaxanthin content varies by color: King portions have the most while Ivory King portions have the least.
Wild King (Chinook) Salmon top all wild species for fat and omega-3 content, and is very rich in vitamin D
Learn this food's omega 3/6 balance, and why it matters.
Average Ratings: 5Write a Review
Read more reviews >
Calcium 4% • Iron 2%
Keep frozen at or below 0° F (-18° C). Vacuum-sealed fish held under these conditions should retain its quality for at least six to 12 months. Shellfish and lean white fish (halibut, cod) generally have a longer freezer life than fatty fish (salmon, tuna, sablefish).
NOTE: Seafood stored in frost-free freezers should be used within 3 months.
Thaw under refrigeration at or below 38 degrees Fahrenheit (3 degrees Celsius). Before thawing, puncture or remove packaging.
For quick-thawing, place frozen package in cool water for approximately 20 to 30 minutes, just until contents are flexible. Once thawed, immediately cook or refrigerate (if refrigerating, puncture package). Prior to cooking, do not allow fish to reach temperatures above 38 degrees Fahrenheit (3 degrees Celsius).
Cooking and serving tips
- Rinse fish quickly in cold, clean water.
- Cook in a medium-hot lightly oiled pan, under a broiler, or on the grill for 7-8 minutes, until only the very center is still translucent.
- Remove fish from heat and let it “self-cook” another two to three minutes, until just cooked through to center before serving.
- NOTE: It is perfectly safe and healthful to serve our fish raw or partly cooked, because flash-freezing has rendered it 100% sushi-safe.
- Enliven your fish entree with seasonings such as Vital Choice Organic Salmon Marinade Mix or other herb-spice blends.
- Add the seasonings of your choice to a little olive oil and marinate the fish, refrigerated, for 30-60 minutes or overnight. Or, simply mist fish lightly with olive oil or macadamia nut oil and dust with seasonings before cooking.
and ship Monday through Wednesday (except holidays).
Frozen foods ship via 2nd Day Air service or 1-3 Day Express Ground service, depending on shipping date and destination.
Standard Shipping Fees
- Up to $49.99 = $6.95 shipping
- $50 - $98.99 = $12.95 shipping
- $99 and over = FREE shipping
- We cannot ship perishable goods to PO boxes.
- Free standard shipping applies to all orders of $99 or more sent to any U.S. street address.
- Perishable shipments to Alaska and Hawaii are subject to surcharges; please see our Shipping page.
- Orders placed Saturday, Sunday, Monday, or before 10 AM Tuesday will ship on Tuesday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
- Orders placed between 10 AM Tuesday and 10 AM Wednesday will ship on Wednesday* to arrive 1-2 days later.
- Orders placed after 10 AM on Wednesday through 12:00 midnight Friday will ship on Monday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
For more information, see our Shipping page.