Wild Alaskan Halibut Bone Broth
organic ingredients, 24 fl oz pouch
Our Wild Alaskan Halibut Broth is made from the heads, spines, and fins of wild halibut caught in cold, clear Alaskan waters. We add only organic vegetables, herbs, spices, and vinegar, for extra flavor and nutrition.
- Free shipping on orders over $99.
- Ships frozen with dry ice for 1-3 day Express Ground or Air delivery.
- Vital Choice Guarantee: We'll replace your product or refund your money if you're not satisfied.
- Wild Alaskan halibut
- Non-fish ingredients certified organic
- No preservatives or artificial ingredients
- Made from collagen-rich connective tissues
- Product of USA (Alaska)
You can learn a lot by watching how wild animals eat fish.
Eagles, seals, bears, and foxes eat the collagen-rich parts first.
And traditional cultures from the Baltics to Alaska use the same collagen-rich parts to make nourishing broths.
Our Wild Alaskan Halibut Broth is made from the heads, spines, and fins of wild halibut caught in cold, clear Alaskan waters.
We add only organic vegetables, herbs, spices, and vinegar, for extra flavor and nutrition.
Halibut broth: Simple and versatile
Halibut broth serves as a delicious stock for soups, sauces, and stews.
Or, you can make a light, delicious soup by adding organic vegetables, scallions, and herbs such as parsley or cilantro.
To lend your broth vibrant color and healthful antioxidant power, add turmeric powder. For added zest and flavor, add hot spices such as cayenne, Tabasco, wasabi, horseradish, paprika, salsa, or chili sauce.
Gelatin and collagen: Nourishing fish-broth factors
Gelatin – and the collagen it contains – are key components of halibut broth.
The body uses collagen to form bones, connective tissues (tendons, ligaments, and cartilage), skin, hair, nails, intestinal linings, and much more.
So-called "marine” peptides from fish collagen abound in four amino acids – glycine, proline, hydroxyproline, and arginine – in unique combinations and ratios.
Marine collagen peptides are reported to stimulate formation of connective tissues, moderate inflammation, and support healthy stomach linings.
In Japan, high-end "beauty restaurants” serve gelatin/collagen-rich dishes designed to nourish and enhance skin, hair, and nails.
Average Ratings: 5Write a Review
Read more reviews >
Calcium 3% • Iron 1%
Keep frozen until ready to use. Frozen, unopened broth will last one year.
After thawing, use within one week.
Halibut broth can be enjoyed on its own, with or without added seasonings.
In fact, many people who follow a Paleo diet plan sip broth as they would a cup of hot tea.
Halibut broth is the perfect base for fish chowders, fish stews, bisques, bouillabaisse, seafood risotto and paella.
To enrichen the flavor of shellfish, simmer or steam it in a blend of water, halibut broth, and seasonings.
and ship Monday through Wednesday (except holidays).
Frozen foods ship via 2nd Day Air service or 1-3 Day Express Ground service, depending on shipping date and destination.
Standard Shipping Fees
- Up to $49.99 = $4.95 shipping
- $50 - $98.99 = $9.95 shipping
- $99 and over = FREE shipping
- We cannot ship perishable goods to PO boxes.
- Free standard shipping applies to all orders of $99 or more sent to any U.S. street address.
- Perishable shipments to Alaska and Hawaii are subject to surcharges; please see our Shipping page.
- Orders placed Saturday, Sunday, Monday, or before 10 AM Tuesday will ship on Tuesday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
- Orders placed between 10 AM Tuesday and 10 AM Wednesday will ship on Wednesday* to arrive 1-2 days later.
- Orders placed after 10 AM on Wednesday through 12:00 midnight Friday will ship on Monday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
For more information, see our Shipping page.