Wild Fish Broth Duo
halibut broth + salmon broth, 24 fl oz ea |
Vital Choice Guarantee: We'll replace your product or refund your money if you're not satisfied.
We use select organic ingredients – vegetables, herbs, spices, and vinegar – to heighten the flavor and make the broth extra nutritious.
- Wild Alaskan halibut and salmon
- Non-fish ingredients certified organic
- No preservatives or artificial ingredients
- Made from collagen-rich connective tissues
- Product of USA (Alaska)
You can learn a lot by watching how wild animals eat fish.
Eagles, seals, bears, and foxes eat the collagen-rich parts first.
Traditional cultures from the Baltics to Alaska use the same collagen-rich parts to make nourishing broths.
Simple and versatile
Fish broth serves as a delicious stock for soups, sauces, and stews.
Or, you can make a light, delicious soup by adding organic vegetables, scallions, and herbs such as parsley or cilantro.
To lend your broth vibrant color and healthful antioxidant power, add turmeric powder. For added zest and flavor, add hot spices such as cayenne, Tabasco, wasabi, horseradish, paprika, salsa, or chili sauce.
Gelatin and collagen: Nourishing fish-broth factors
Gelatin – and the collagen it contains – are key components of fish broths.
The body uses collagen to form bones, connective tissues (tendons, ligaments, and cartilage), skin, hair, nails, intestinal linings, and much more.
So-called "marine” peptides from fish collagen abound in four amino acids – glycine, proline, hydroxyproline, and arginine – in unique combinations and ratios.
Marine collagen peptides are reported to stimulate formation of connective tissues, moderate inflammation, and support healthy stomach linings.
In Japan, high-end "beauty restaurants” serve gelatin/collagen-rich dishes designed to nourish and enhance skin, hair, and nails.
Average Ratings: 5Write a Review
Read more reviews >
Keep frozen and use by "Best By" date on package. Once thawed, store any unused portion in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Thaw pouch in a bowl — to catch leaks due to small tears/holes that may develop on rare occasions — under refrigeration at or below 38 degrees Fahrenheit (3 degrees Celsius).
For quick-thawing, place frozen pouch in cool water for approximately 20 to 30 minutes, just until contents are flexible. Once thawed, immediately cook or refrigerate.
Fish broth can be enjoyed on its own, with or without added seasonings.
In fact, many people who follow a Paleo diet plan sip broth as they would a cup of hot tea.
Fish broth is the perfect base for fish chowders, fish stews, bisques, bouillabaisse, seafood risotto and paella.
To enrichen the flavor of shellfish, simmer or steam it in a blend of water, fish broth, and seasonings.
and ship Monday through Wednesday (except holidays).
Frozen foods ship via 2nd Day Air service or 1-3 Day Express Ground service, depending on shipping date and destination.
Standard Shipping Fees
- Up to $49.99 = $4.95 shipping
- $50 - $98.99 = $9.95 shipping
- $99 and over = FREE shipping
- We cannot ship perishable goods to PO boxes.
- Free standard shipping applies to all orders of $99 or more sent to any U.S. street address.
- Perishable shipments to Alaska and Hawaii are subject to surcharges; please see our Shipping page.
- Orders placed Saturday, Sunday, Monday, or before 10 AM Tuesday will ship on Tuesday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
- Orders placed between 10 AM Tuesday and 10 AM Wednesday will ship on Wednesday* to arrive 1-2 days later.
- Orders placed after 10 AM on Wednesday through 12:00 midnight Friday will ship on Monday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
For more information, see our Shipping page.